Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

no one assumed bolden was better...jones was the better recruit...but it was a negligible difference and doesnt at all change the fact that it would be a terrible thing to lose a bolden and newsome within a weeks time

college qb's massive fail all the time...especially under penn state tutelege...so the more you have the better chances you will end up with a good one

morelli was a five star guy btw
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yeah, but Joe doesn't usually open up the competition much.  He will probably stubbornly have McGloin penciled in as the starter unless Jones and/or Bolden repeatedly offer to shine his shoes between now and August.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 04, 2011, 03:38:55 PM
Jones was generally regarded as the #2 best QB in last year's recruiting class.  Bolden was around 8th.  We all assumed that Bolden was better because he wasn't redshirted, but it seems more like Jones was redshirted for purely academic reasons.  He's gained 20 pounds of muscle and is ready to roll in 2011.

Yes, I'm a homer, but all of that is true.  Still would prefer Jones and Bolden compete for the job and McGloin gets relegated to either 3rd string or hell, but what do I know?

Unfortunately more than Joe Pa
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Paterno refusing to sign Bolden's release papers.  Ha, this is getting bad.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Entertaining read: JoePa's year-end presser

QuoteJoe, do you expect any of your juniors to proceed and enter the NFL?
"I would think that we might have one or two kids leave. I was shocked last year when we lost the big kid [Aaron Maybin] to the first round (2009). His dad said to me, "he's going to leave, he's going to go pro." I said, "geez, you've got to be kidding." I said he wouldn't even get drafted. First round draft pick, got 15 million bucks. I said I don't make that in a week, it takes me at least six months (laughter)."

MDS

i feel likes its not funny anymore and its just sad

sorry?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Why would it be bad for a Penn State hater?  P.S.  Aaron Maybin proved through his play that Joe might have been right.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MDS on January 05, 2011, 01:13:47 PM
i feel likes its not funny anymore and its just sad

sorry?

You're right
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

actually its hilarious if you arent a penn state fan

MDS

i hate penn state but this whole thing is just awful

i would much prefer a situation like michigan where they hire some loser hick from west virginia to save the program and he runs it into the ground even further

a senile old man who cant see anymore and doesnt know what day it is still coaching a major d1 program is just pathetic. youd just wish hed die at this point so this all ends.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 02, 2011, 10:24:28 PMApparently Joe Pa said today that Tom Bradley should be reconsidered for the Pitt job.

and it sounds like he got it, though he's denying reports

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

oh my

you know when penn state gets a player from that far away he sucks

PoopyfaceMcGee

Also I think he looks like he could be related to you.