Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

is it wrong of me that everytime i see a reply made in this thread i hope that its going to say paterno died or at the very least had a debilitating stroke
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Depends who you think the next coach will be.

SunMo

there's info thats been coming out that he may have had a series of mini-strokes.

he hasn't had vinegar strokes in years though
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Are you sure?  Maybe he just wasn't able to catch them on film.

BigEd76

Joe still isn't leaving

Quote"I'm being selfish when I say I hate to see guys like [Urban Meyer] leave the game.  To me, I'm different than Urban. I've got people calling up saying: 'When the hell are you getting out?' "

When laughter in the room subsided, Paterno continued.

"I don't know. People think I'm going to quit this year or next year. I haven't even thought of it," he said. "I honest to goodness have not thought of it."

SunMo

why doesn't he just die already
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

Hard not to love Joe Pa, but he is really holding the program back at this point. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Munson

Actually at this point, how much coaching is he actually doing? You gotta figure the staff has a lot to do with the game day plans.....so his old ass isn't screwing that up, and at the same time he's at least got some recruitment power to his name
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

he needs to go. the image of an old geezer walking around in depends on the sidelines is not something that inspires.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Munson on December 28, 2010, 04:22:10 PM
Actually at this point, how much coaching is he actually doing? You gotta figure the staff has a lot to do with the game day plans.....so his old ass isn't screwing that up, and at the same time he's at least got some recruitment power to his name

Its not that its because of the uncertainty surrounding the position, when was the last time that Tom Bradley's name was mentioned for HC jobs outside of the program.  Supposedly he was considered at Pitt and interviewed at Temple. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i see munson is being dumber than ever huh?

MDS

you got to admit, 17 year old ignorant high school kids and dying to play for an 95 year old italian man in the middle of pennsylvania
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

and theres no way anyone is using paterno as a negative recruiting tool against penn state

MDS

and im sure names like tom bradley, al golden and greg schiano are great back up plans

just off the top who can penn st even poach that wouldnt be able to match the money? wisconsin dude? chip kelly? they 100% have to go big name when joe pa finally dies
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i think they go in house or alum....let him fail.....then go after a big name....i dont know how anyone can follow paterno and/or turn that program around in four or five years of a contract...so i think they let some scab fail then go big time