Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

PSU vs Florida in the Outback Bowl.  JoePa said he's excited to play on Thanksgiving Day

PoopyfaceMcGee

If I live to be that old, every day is Thanksgiving.

BigEd76

Todd, is this a good way to start an article?

GoPSUSports

QuoteOn the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Penn State almost fell victim to a surprise attack of its own.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Not surprising at all

I'm just glad it's Newsome and not Bolden.  And Paul Jones is still in the wings too.

SD

Quoteif reports of third-stringer Kevin Newsome's interest in taking his talents elsewhere are accurate.

He thinks he's Lebron

Drunkmasterflex

They just got a Pitt defector earlier this week.  He is a 3 star linebacker.  Not a huge deal but with the way their recruiting class is shaping up this year they need to take what they can get. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

there had been recent rumblings of penn state trying to move newsome to safety...i wonder if that was the last straw

Quote from: SD on December 10, 2010, 01:27:54 PM
Quoteif reports of third-stringer Kevin Newsome's interest in taking his talents elsewhere are accurate.

He thinks he's Lebron

hes taking his talents to south philly to play with m vick kevin kosh?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

JoePa told a recruit that he's in for 5-6 more years.

rjs246

That's so absurd I don't even know what to say about it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

the absurd part is that joe pa thinks telling a recruit that will make him want to come to penn state

ice grillin you

SD

lol

So many incredible soundbytes:

"Can ya hear me Mad dog?"

"Are you in a noisy area?"
"No...it's really quiet here"

SunMo

from another board:

JoePa rumors, TIFWIW

It's almost certain that the Outback Bowl will be Joe's last game. He has some major health issues including... (I omitted this info because I don't want to cause alarm). He is not in good shape, sorry to say, and plans are in motion behind the scenes including several private jets filled with Paterno family members flying to the bowl game since it will be his last. The assistants have been told that Joe's successor will be hired from outside the staff which is why Bradley, Big Red, Vandy and everyone else is looking around at other positions. Bradley and Vandy both interviewed with Temple in recent days and Big Red will likely follow Bradley to whatever job he lands. Golden called PSU before taking the Miami job and PSU told him our next hire will be from outside PSU. Leading candidates seem to be Tony Dungy, Chris Petersen (Boise), Dan Mullen (Miss State, former OC at Florida under Meyer and native of Philadelphia/Ursinus/PSU grad father) but there are names flying everywhere and there seems to be a great deal more interest in PSU than there was for Miami, Michigan, etc. Some insiders seem to like the idea of Dungy coming in for 5-7 years and restoring PSU to the top tier, then Golden coming back to lead the program long term after he gets more experience on the bigger stage that Miami has to offer.

Apparently this all came to a head at the senior banquet. Tons of players tweeted crap about how out of it he was.....said it was going to be great to play in a "Thanksgiving Day Bowl"....someone in admin. Reached out to every living captain that played for him and asked them to write a letter to Joe, which was presented to him in a book. It was weird, because no one knew or thought anything was officially decided, but it was clear it was kind of like a send off. Anyway, he gets the book and is fine speaking for a couple of minutes, then tails off into nonsense and nobody can figure out what he's talking about....he finished up by saying "I gotta go beat my old friend Spurrier in the bowl game"....walks off the stage, and walks out of the room.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Where is that from?

I've been reading stuff like that for the past 5 years, although since then he's gone from cranky old bastich to senile within that time so it wouldn't surprise me.

For the love of god Spanier please don't hire Tony Dungy.