Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

QuoteTeddy Greenstein of the Chicago Tribune writes that the College Football Playoff committee must surely be rooting for Penn State to lose to Wisconsin, as it would make the selection process that much easier.

While PSU fan bitching will certainly be much, much greater if PSU wins, I don't think it would change the outcome of the selection process.

Now, if Washington or Clemson loses, that would make the selection process more difficult.

ice grillin you

they've been doing it all year but the amount of under thrown deep balls penn state completes is insane
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

MDS

besides the fact that ohio st is better than penn st, why isnt penn st going to the cfp over them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

That was a heck of a game.  What a comeback.

PhillyPhreak54

Kind surprising to see the Badgers defense get worked

MDS

can someone tell me why they are taking osu over psu but not temple over w mich

psu the more deserving but not better team.....w mich is the more deserving but not better team. naturally the philly team is getting screwed
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I think there's arguments to be made for penn state over Washington and or Ohio state

Western mich has gotten more press and that means they will go. A broken system

Rome

Penn State doesn't belong in the playoff but even if they make it they'd be sacrificial lambs against Bama. 

SD

Quote from: Rome on December 04, 2016, 08:09:48 AM
Penn State doesn't belong in the playoff but even if they make it they'd be sacrificial lambs against Bama.

People are saying well OSU beat 3 top 10 teams...well PSU beat 2, and won the toughest conference in college football. They have zero shot at beating Bama but they 100% belong in the playoffs. People point to the Michigan game as why they don't belong, they were out of LBs and playing safeties/D lineman at the position and this is a totally different team. That loss was 2 freakin months ago too.

ice grillin you

no matter what happens no one should complain....penn state would be worthy of getting in and they also arent as good as whatever team would get in over them

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 04, 2016, 10:48:29 AM
no matter what happens no one should complain....penn state would be worthy of getting in and they also arent as good as whatever team would get in over them

This is my opinion.  I find it hard to leave out the team that won the best conf but don't think they're as good as the other 4.

SD

I actually agree with both of your opinions I just don't see how you can keep them out of the top 4.

They're not as good but god damn are they an amazing second half team.

ice grillin you

be interesting to see if temple is in the committees top 25 this week cause that boosts penn states resume

i was always against a playoff but i have to admit the drama this year is off the charts

PhillyPhreak54

I'm glad they've got the playoff but I wish it were eight teams