Ed Reynolds, S, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 10, 2014, 03:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

This is totally a fine fifth round pick. If he's good enough to start eventually, great. If he contributes on ST he'll be just like every other fifth rounder. It's suspect because Chip's coached against him just like every other player they ever draft, but totally fine.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

positional traits:

Instincts/Recognition - Above Average: Strong eyes, awareness and diagnostic skills. Does a nice job of keying quarterbacks eyes to get a quick break on the ball. Disciplined against play action and maintains proper leverage and positioning. Quick recognition in run support.

Cover Skills - Below Average: Lacks ideal fluidity and overall range. Half field defender that will have limitations as a center fielder. Displays some tightness when having to quickly open and change directions. Adequate closing burst once pointed in the right direction. Below-average man coverage capabilities.

Ball Skills - Above-average: anticipation and flashes quality playmaking instincts. Takes quality angles and tracks the ball well. Natural ball skills and can make catch outside of frame. Looks to score and had three career interception returns for touchdowns.

Run Support - Average run defender. Fills alleys quickly and wades through traffic well. Angles aren't as quality in this area which can lead to miss tackles when in pursuit. Strong tackler when in position and flashes ability to deliver a heavy hit.

football traits:

Height-Weight-Speed - Below Average: Possesses an average height and bulk combination. Arms are on the short side (30 1/2") and hands are on the small side (8 1/2"). Top-end speed is below average for the position.

Durability - Below Average: Tore his ACL and MCL in spring of 2011 and missed the entire 2011 season as a result.

Intangibles - Average: Elected a team captain in 2013. Son of Ed and Pamela Reynolds. Father Ed played football at Virginia and in the NFL with the New England Patriots (1983-91) and New York Giants (1992). No off the field issues that we are currently aware of.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

@GeoffMosherCSN: Reynolds on Chip: "I love the way he's running that organization in Philadelphia. I'm proud he's my head coach."

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 10, 2014, 03:31:06 PMFather Ed played football at Virginia and in the NFL with the New England Patriots (1983-91) and New York Giants (1992).

Bloodline stats not looking too good.

Sgt PSN

Eagaholic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 10, 2014, 03:21:41 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 10, 2014, 03:19:00 PM
Good tackler

Reynolds Wrap? 
I can see right through what you're trying to do there. you'll see the player has good length if he doesn't get cut first. good with keeping outside contain. very good in coverage. drops down in the box and is difficult to move.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Eagaholic on May 10, 2014, 03:49:36 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 10, 2014, 03:21:41 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 10, 2014, 03:19:00 PM
Good tackler

Reynolds Wrap? 
I can see right through what you're trying to do there. you'll see the player has good length if he doesn't get cut first. good with keeping outside contain. very good in coverage. drops down in the box and is difficult to move.

All of that.  Plus I heard his g/f dumped him because he's too clingy. 

Eagaholic

and she did not feel her children were safe playing with him.
back to football. seals the edge well to prevent runs down the side. prevents fast receivers from taking the lid off the defense. will change up look and foil coverage.