Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Oppenheimer tomorrow night at 5:00.  Anyone else going to see this one?

PhillyPhreak54

I cannot wait. We have to go to a redneck shotgun wedding this weekend but we'll be going next weekend.

Rome

Just got back.  Still processing it, actually.  It's beyond great.  The performances, the writing, the music, cinematography, wardrobe, special effects... just incredible. 

I lost count of how many times I gasped during the movie. 

It was sad and hilarious, it was terrifying and inspiring, but mostly it was equal parts fatalistic pessimism and optimism.

I'm just stunned at the moment.

Make sure you don't get there late either.  My show didn't have previews at all.  Just boom right to the movie and it's a solid 3 hours straight. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

My daughter saw it yesterday without her mother. 

I would strongly advise against that if you have wives and daughters. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 19, 2023, 01:22:54 PMOppenheimer tomorrow night at 5:00.  Anyone else going to see this one?

did my double header friday

Oppenheimer was really good but not great cause the third act was interminably boring

Barbie was one of the better written movies in a while. Greta Gerwig is a god.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Attention-whoring incels are lighting Barbie dolls on fire and posting their pathetic freak outs online.  That's where we are in 2023.  Oppenheimer had the ending right, actually.

PhillyPhreak54

I loved Oppenheimer.

They say they laid it out was really good. Seeing how he was railroaded was interesting as I wasn't really familiar with all of that.

We saw it in IMAX and I'm glad I held out for that. Great performances across the board.

Rome

Barbie just sailed past a billion dollars in ticket sales. 

What's that bit about go woke go broke again?

PhillyPhreak54

Leave The World Behind

The trailer looked good. The premise was solid and interesting.

But holy shtein it has the dumbest ending ever. And I don't think that's hyperbole.

Anyone else see it?

Rome

Watched Rebel Moon the other day.  It was equal parts stupid, humorless, poorly acted, absurdly written, and about as predictable as you'd expect.  Still, it wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen.  I'll give it a C- but for some reason I'll probably end up watching the sequels.

Ferrari was pretty decent but I haven't thought much about it since I walked out of the theater. Penelope Cruz was great, though.  Pretty much saved the whole movie.  There was one scene that was shocking to the point where I couldn't believe they got away with leaving in there.  Not Mann's best but still ok.  B- for that one. 

SD

Society of the snow - it's Alive made 30 years later. On Netflix and half decent

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 31, 2023, 07:46:08 PMLeave The World Behind

The trailer looked good. The premise was solid and interesting.

But holy shtein it has the dumbest ending ever. And I don't think that's hyperbole.

Anyone else see it?

I liked it...I guess Obama had some imput which pissed MAGA off so added bonus

Saltburn was good...really odd...you should all watch it with your family

Dumb money - too heavy on the music and too little on the story.

phattymatty

I thought leave the wood behind was pretty good, and liked the ending.  not the type of movie I need a well explained, buttoned up conclusion.

watched quiz lady the other night.  not extremely funny but cute movie nonetheless.

ice grillin you

train to busan - not a zombie fan but this was a very good watch primarily due to the gut wrenching emotional impact that hit during several moments.

7/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous