2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

They switch Moyer to 3 and Kendrick to 4.  Problem solved.   :D

Seabiscuit36

not sure if it was on here already but Eaton has a Hernia and something else wrong with his back.  Take him out back and old yeller him
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 10, 2008, 04:28:48 PM
not sure if it was on here already but Eaton has a Hernia and something else wrong with his back.  Take him out back and old yeller him

Last I had read, there was nothing wrong with it, so I must have missed that update.

He's a Hoyda. Get rid of the farging guy already.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

The bitch is making $8M this year and a guaranteed $8.5M next.  Where exactly are they supposed to send him?  They can't cut him because of a guaranteed contract, they can't trade him because no one wants him, and if they sit him down or send him to the minors, there will be a huge stink in the clubhouse over it.

It's a disaster no matter what course they take.

Thanks, Gillick! 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on March 10, 2008, 05:05:48 PM
The bitch is making $8M this year and a guaranteed $8.5M next.  Where exactly are they supposed to send him?  They can't cut him because of a guaranteed contract.

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 08, 2008, 10:29:23 AM
Paying Eaton $8M to not pitch would be the smartest money they've ever spent. 

Seriously, the Phillies would be better off just eating his salary, cut him and pay him not to play.  It's simple addition by subtraction. 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 10, 2008, 05:23:28 PM
The bitch is making $8M this year and a guaranteed $8.5M next.  Where exactly are they supposed to send him?  They can't cut him because of a guaranteed contract.

Seriously, the Phillies would be better off just eating his salary, cut him and pay him not to play.  It's simple addition by subtraction. 

Exactly. Why is that so hard to understand Rome?  :-\

The guy is a guaranteed loss every 5th day.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

While I disagree that Eaton's presence guarantees a loss (too many variables like late inning offensive explosion to come from behind), his absence does guarantee that the Phils have a much improved chance at winning every 5th day he isn't on the mound.   

So basically, the Phillies would be getting their money's worth.  They'd be paying $8M for a better shot at winning.  My logic is flawless. 

BigEd76

Herniated disc

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 10, 2008, 10:17:28 PM

Herniated disc

I just have to say that I've been down that road, and I've never had a more debilitating injury.  I couldn't stand up straight, had to use a cane and couldn't walk more than about 3 minuted because of the excruciating pain.  I can't imagine trying to pitch in MLB with that.

That being said, Eaton still sucks.  Hard.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Maybe the Phils can trade for a good starter, like Freddy Garcia?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 10, 2008, 10:22:39 PM
I just have to say that I've been down that road, and I've never had a more debilitating injury. 

Clearly you've never had a sore shoulder. 

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 11, 2008, 07:45:26 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 10, 2008, 10:22:39 PM
I just have to say that I've been down that road, and I've never had a more debilitating injury. 

Clearly you've never had a sore shoulder. 
i hear its the worst

Speaking of which, im getting a bionic arm friday.  that is incredibly accurate
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

troyhstewart

The bitch is making $8M this year and a guaranteed $8.5M next.  Where exactly are they supposed to send him?  They can't cut him because of a guaranteed contract, they can't trade him because no one wants him, and if they sit him down or send him to the minors, there will be a huge stink in the clubhouse over it.

It's a disaster no matter what course they take.

Thanks, Gillick! 

I always thought Amaro and/or Arbuckle had more to do with signing Eaton than Gillick.  ???

Rome

Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 10, 2008, 09:27:47 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 10, 2008, 05:23:28 PM

Exactly. Why is that so hard to understand Rome?  :-\

The guy is a guaranteed loss every 5th day.

You said "get rid of him."  I assumed that meant you wanted him traded, released or sent down, hence my response.

And believe it or not, it's often difficult to understand the meaning of what people post here because this sort of forum doesn't lend itself to precision.

Sgt PSN

No way would I want him sent down to the minors where he can infect young players with his suckage and aching vadge.