2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if thats all true and i dont believe it is then it doesnt forecast a rosey year or future for myers....this guy is so out of his mind that he cant simply be told that he isnt going to the bullpen this year but instead has to be named opening day starter to show him...a move that negatively impacts the team....i dont know whos more of a joke the management or myers

because myers is so weak and stupid the best pitcher on the team by far  has to be demoted...cant wait for that first mets series when moyer and adam eaton have to pitch and myers has to go against santana in the finale...fun stuff
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

According to Mets fans, the Phillies should just throw a position player out to the mound or simply forfeit when facing Santana.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on February 27, 2008, 12:09:06 PM
According to Mets fans, the Phillies should just throw a position player out to the mound or simply forfeit when facing Santana.

some phillies fans too...

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 26, 2008, 08:25:20 PM
In other words, "concede" the loss on the first game and give yourself a better chance to win games 2 and 3.

PoopyfaceMcGee

But the Phillies aren't playing the Mets on opening day.

ice grillin you

april 10, 2008
shea stadium
killa queens, ny
philadelphia phillies at ny mets
brett myers (0-1) vs johan santana (1-0)

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

so the igy 'sky is falling' routine has started again?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 27, 2008, 11:36:21 AM
unless my math is wrong and someone correct me if it is then king will miss the mets series because of this

its so comforting to know that the teams ace will completely miss the first series against the arch rival that they will be battling for the division title this year because the manager is a bumbling idiot

Your math is right if you count 5 games (which Manuel usually doesn't skip starts on off days). But he would miss the mets series anyway if he started game 1.

In fact even if manuel skipped a spot on the off day after the opener, hamels still doesnt face the mets that first series. He would have to be the #3 guy.

On the same note...if the mets run Santana on the opener, then he misses the phils series.

If you want Hamels to face the mets, you hold him out until game 3

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 27, 2008, 12:54:58 PM
so the igy 'sky is falling' routine has started again?

no im saying myers better have a huge year...no more 11-9 seasons...hes the ace of the staff

anyone wanna do an o/u bet on myers wins...14 is the number and ill take the under...$20

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on February 27, 2008, 11:56:36 AM
I'm about as smart as you are heterosexual.

Then you are farging brilliant! 

BigEd76

Phils up 8-0 after 5 innings in their 1st game

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

someone take my bet...shteins and giggles...something a little extra to follow during the year...i know theres a homer out there that wants it...squeeze me

Rome

His career high in wins is 14, IGY.  Are you seriously suggesting that someone bet you he'll have a career year in terms of wins?  If so, well, that's quite a brave stance you're making there, homeslice.