2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

PhillyGirl

Watching the year in review of the Phils, narrated by JRoll.

Seriously, I hate how they were swept out of the playoffs and all, but last season was just awesome.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Those video were the best when the Phillies were terrible and they had to spend the entire thing focusing on the 3 good games the team had and a bunch of mindless clubhouse footage, complete with hopeless optimism for next season.

Ahh...the good days.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 25, 2008, 09:42:25 PM
Watching the year in review of the Phils, narrated by JRoll.

Seriously, I hate how they were swept out of the playoffs and all, but last season was just awesome.

it was basically 2004 eagles incredible when it happened but virtually meaningless by the time the next season started...

by now the mets collapse > phillies season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

I agree somewhat...I just couldn't remember being that excited and happy from a season in a long, long time. It was thoroughly enjoyable.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

agreed

its weird that the 2004 nfc championship game is a top 3 all time sports moment for me but now it causes more pain than joy

Rome

The loss that came afterward shouldn't diminish the feeling of standing there in the freezing cold watching the clock tick down to zero.  Watching them lose the Super Bowl (in person) was awful, yes, but that memory doesn't cancel the other one out.  At least for me it doesn't.

ice grillin you

does for me for the most part....i mean ill never forget it and at the time it was incredible....but really who the hell cares who the superbowl loser was...ill probably appreciate it more when/if a philly team wins a title...the 25 years in a row without a title dampens it more than anything

Rome

First exhibition game tonight against FSU.  Savery to start.  I can't believe baseball's finally here again.

Woot!

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Rome on February 26, 2008, 09:48:58 AM
The loss that came afterward shouldn't diminish the feeling of standing there in the freezing cold watching the clock tick down to zero.  Watching them lose the Super Bowl (in person) was awful, yes, but that memory doesn't cancel the other one out.  At least for me it doesn't.

100% agreed.

I remember leaving there and realizing that the backs of my legs were frozen straight. Bending my knees to walk actually HURT, because I had been standing in that freezing weather the WHOLE game. I remember all of us taking pics of the scene with our cell phones and remember Reid saying that TO would be back and how the whole place went crazy. And McNabb with the tears, holding up the trophy. All of it was so surreal and so amazing. NOTHING can take that away from me. No, not even the Super Bowl loss.

Geowhizzer

SunMo

Uncle Dummy already named Myers his opening day starter

IDIOT
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Honestly, I dont understand why people are worked up over who is named the starter for opening day. It is game 1 of 162, King Cole will pitch game two and many many times thereafter.

Opening Day starter in baseball = meaningless in the big picture of things.

ice grillin you

baseball americas new top 100 prospects was released

#54 carrasco
#76 cardenas
#90 savery

#26 gio gonzalez