2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Wingspan on February 25, 2008, 03:36:39 PM
You'd think the best case scenerio would be that he was a healthy, effective closer. But what do I know?

unfortunately thats not a scenario that currently exists
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

brad lidge got hurt once, so Wingspan hates him
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

in his defense he was against this move from the start for this very reason

unlike pg who im pretty sure was for the move and is now killing the front office

Wingspan

Quote from: SunMo on February 25, 2008, 03:41:40 PM
brad lidge got hurt once, so Wingspan hates him

I don't hate Lidge at all...

Bringing him here was a mistake. I said this from the day the trade was made. They learned nothing from the Garcia fiasco.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

but you can't compare a pitcher's knee and a pitcher's shoulder...totally different situations...

the guy had a hurt knee, and they knew that when they traded for him

Garcia was farged up before they got him and they didn't do their research, i agree with 110%, but just because he had a setback on a knee that was repaired you can't compare the two

Wingspan

When you are a power pitcher, your push off knee is as important as a shoulder.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

i'll buy that it's important, but it's never AS important...

Wingspan

I can not seem to find another hair to split here.
Connection Problems

Rome

The section of his knee that got injured the other day had nothing to do with the section that was injured previously.

There's another hair to split for ya.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 25, 2008, 03:46:14 PM
in his defense he was against this move from the start for this very reason

unlike pg who im pretty sure was for the move and is now killing the front office

Because its their farging jobs to know if a player is damaged goods. That was my fault for believing they learned their lesson with Garcia. I figured, if healthy, this guy COULD BE (never said I loved this move) solid if back to his former form. Once again, the FO proves to be worthless.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

what do you mean?  they knew he had knee surgery...do you think he showed up on crutches after the trade and they had no idea why?

it's a minor setback that had nothing to do with the original surgery....everybody calm down

reese125

cool...he now has two sides of his one knee that has/is either previously or presently hurt

POWER

SunMo

reese125

ice grillin you

ill bet anything anyone wants that he reinjures the knee if not right away upon coming back at some point in the first few months of the season