2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

his first pitch...ain't that some shtein
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SunMo on February 23, 2008, 06:57:53 PM

That's kind of my point of the  :boom :boom

Not the date (thanks MDS for your commentary, always welcomed)...but that it took all of ONE pitch for it to happen.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

yeah, but i don't think it's because his knee is weak and the phils got duped or anything...i'm thinking it's more philly luck, danny tartabull type shtein...like first pitch and this guy re-injures himself, incredible.

i really don't blame the phillies here
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I saw this in the Chase Utley transcript on Philly.com and got a chuckle out of it:

QuoteQ: There are two cages over a pit of lava and both are descending. In one cage, there are blueprints for revolutionary emissions-free technology. In the other is Shane Victorino. You can only save one. Which one do you save?

- Greg G., Washington, DC.

A: OK ... I'm going to have to save my centerfielder. I'm saving my centerfielder, yes. I have his back. Hopefully, he'd do the same for me.

WTF?   :-D

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on February 23, 2008, 07:57:37 PM

yeah, but i don't think it's because his knee is weak and the phils got duped or anything...i'm thinking it's more philly luck, danny tartabull type shtein...like first pitch and this guy re-injures himself, incredible.

i really don't blame the phillies here

Pretty much, its not their fault. And I'm no FO lover, but they did nothing wrong here. Lidge could still end up working out well because after all, its February 23rd for chrissakes.

shtein, last year Myers and Flash both went down and they had nothing and that was during the season.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That lava question was hilarious.

Victorinoey!

Rome

Wingspan

You mean the power relief pitcher who's been ineffective for most of the past two season,  who also had major knee surgery....got hurt throwing 1 batting practice pitch?

Awesome trade.

Like I said the day this trade took place...this was is going to end in disaster.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

I'll reserve judgement till the details of the injury come out. If he is done for an extended period of time then yes this move is another in the long line of disastrous moves that Gillick has made.

mpmcgraw

Anyone who thinks Lidge was ineffective last season should stop watching baseball and get clipped asap to help slow the rapid spread of stupidity.

mpmcgraw

O yea and Lidge thinks he just pulled some scar tissue which is pretty common with knee injuries and not a big deal at all.

You can go back to panicking now. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

mpmcgraw

Lidge is getting surgery to take out part of his miniscus he will be out 3-6 weeks so he will be back the first week of the season worst case scenario.

SD_Eagle5

The good news is he's not on the shelf the entire season, the bad news is he probably won't be effective till a month into the season.