2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

The fact that Leslie Gudel is reporting this story is actually funnier than the prank itself.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: SunMo on February 14, 2008, 06:49:57 PM
actually, he'll get his 10, the philllies are dumb for trying to keep it at 7
No chance.   

Too little service time.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 14, 2008, 05:17:31 PM
I talked to a buddy and I think he gave his buddy a call.

I don't know if I'm interested, though.  I might look for a gig in a local or state gubment offices first so I can get a pension and other fringe benefits.  The kind of experience I have is exactly what they look for plus I have several friends in those positions already.

If I take a job with the county or state I'd be retired at age 62 with a full pension.

Anyway - go Phils. 

whats that, lazy and pissed off? Or are you going for something other then the DMV?

BigEd76

QuoteThe Phillies traded Kyle Kendrick today. To the Yomiuri Giants. In Japan. For Kobayashi Iwamura. "Do they have good food in Japan?" a dazed Kendrick asked reporters. "I don't know what to think right now." Unbelieveable, huh? Completely unbelievable. The Phillies pulled an elaborate prank that involved Phillies assistant general manager Ruben Amaro Jr., manager Charlie Manuel, director of team travel and clubhouse services Frank Coppenbarger, Kendrick's agent Joe Urbon, pitcher Brett Myers and pretty much everybody else in the clubhouse -- including the media, who was asked to hold an impromptu news conference at Bright House Networks Field. Kendrick absolutely believed he had been traded to Japan. Nevermind that players can't be traded to Japan. "Are you shocked now?" a reporter asked Kendrick. "Yeah," Kendrick said. "You know what I say?" Myers chimed in. "You got PUNK'D!" The clubhouse erupted in laughter and cheers. Kendrick totally had been had. "I've never been so happy. Seriously," Kendrick said.

[/quote]

Sgt PSN

Oh, those crazy Phils.  If Ruben ends up being half as good a GM as he is a prankster then he might do ok. 

SunMo

saw Howard on TV and he looks to be in much better shape from last year, his gut is gone and he just looks better overall...hopefully it translates to a huge year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

He does look jacked. All the more reason for those inept fargs to pay him now. Because when he crushes 60 this year, it'll be that much harder.

I hate Ruben Amaro.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

BigEd76

Don Ho

^^^^^

unfarging cool.  wouldn't be hard to get meyer's back.  thee's a boat load of shtein that would set him off.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Get his wife in on it....Have pictures of her and Kendrick gettin it in, but not really obviously.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 17, 2008, 08:20:19 PM

Here's the full prank for those that haven't seen it yet

we saw that on SportsNite last night. Totally funny and farged up all in one. I felt so bad for the guy, but I was laughing my ass off at the same time.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

and some of the comments on there...LMFAO

QuoteKendrick should sue his agent for unprofessional representation and demand a trade from the Phillies.
Would you want to work for a company like that?

die.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, it would totally suck working in a place where everyone had a sense of humor.