Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Manchester United pulled off a ridiculous draw yesterday against Chelsea.  They had no business being anywhere near it either because they were totally dominated but the keeper in that game was out of his gourd too. 

Pretty interesting how they've responded since OGS got sacked.

Diomedes

Your reading audience clamors for more.  Say why it's interesting, and how.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

A win over Villarreal and draw against Chelsea were achieved with subtle tactical/lineup changes instituted by Carrick.  Carrick was also a fire and brimstone guy, and so is the interim guy, who was just confirmed a few minutes ago. 

After years with Old Golly Shucks, they're about to get shocked out of their collective stupor with the new guy.

Diomedes

One likes to see subtle tactics and sublime execution in the highest reaches of the world's game, very gratifying.  Witness Liverpool for the best example.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Liverpool and Chelsea are at another level right now.  Coaching is extremely important but so is keeping everyone informed/engaged and OGS was miserable in that regard.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on November 28, 2021, 08:26:04 PM
Well, at least the Union won today.  Andre Blake saved two PK's and now it's on to their first ECF in team history. 

was waiting for them to gag...blake was in nashville's head after the 1st save

if nycfc wins, the match is in beautiful chester. leggoooo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

The MLS Cup is about to kickoff in my neighborhood.

Rainy, cold, windy miserable day to watch bad American soccer for a resale price of $779 per ticket. No thanks.

MDS

should be the union...fixed scab pigs mls
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

USMNT in serious danger of not making the world cup again

their draw for the last 3 fixtures is horrible...everyone around them has cake games and they have to go to mexico/costa rica and host panama.

the panama match is everything. 3 points there = still alive. 1/0 points = deep deep trouble

Don Ho

Nothing says WC qualifier like outdoors Saint Paul, Minnesota in early February.  What was it?  1 degree at kickoff?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

All they had to do was tie Canada.  They didn't play badly at all; just couldn't finish.   Pepi and Pulisic are mired in horrendous slumps and a lot of idiotic tactical fargups by Berhalter has left them in a tight spot but a draw against Mexico and a win against Panama seals it for them. 

That's doable. 

And give US Soccer for scheduling Honduras in February in Minny.  That tool monster huevos and it could have gone horribly wrong but Honduras wanted zero part of that game last night.   

MDS

the canada L wasnt killer...the draws against el salvador, jamaica and canada at home were. 2-4 points left out there.

4 points gets them through but man oh man that panama home match is no lock W and lord knows theyve gagged before

Rome

We're going to the Panama match. 

ice grillin you

no Italy in the World Cup....hopefully America joins them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I was excited to see a Havas post in this thread bc I thought maybe you went to the hipster side to come talk MLS with lil guy