Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Lol at that article.

This is compelling TV today. I can't stop watching. What a great final round.

Eagles_Legendz

Scott just butchered that.  Might have a tie back at -10 again. 

PhillyPhreak54

Tiger didn't get the break on the birdie putt.

He finishes up at -10.

Darren Rovell tweeted that McIlolololroy went from potentially winning $1.4m to winning $140k should he stay in his place now.

PhillyPhreak54

Scott is going to win.

Wow to that tee shot on 16!

Rome

Reese could make that shot in his sleep.

reese125

God damn right.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Oh yeah? I could make his tee shot on 17 in my sleep.

Eagles_Legendz

Day has already won if thats his arm candy.

Rome

Schitzel's wife is farging hot.

I hate this assclown already.

MDS

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

everyone should have finished at -10. no tiger no fun.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

I'm going to be giving this silly little game a shot..I played once, years ago and ended up coming home with only a sunburn. I looked around for clubs this weekend, but I have no idea what Im looking at. I'd like to take lessons, but I dont know how to go about it. Do I just go to a place like Golfsmith and ask all these questions there? Is there a golf site anyone here uses which you'd recommend?

In short, please help.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: DH on May 09, 2011, 12:29:18 PM
I'm going to be giving this silly little game a shot..I played once, years ago and ended up coming home with only a sunburn. I looked around for clubs this weekend, but I have no idea what Im looking at. I'd like to take lessons, but I dont know how to go about it. Do I just go to a place like Golfsmith and ask all these questions there? Is there a golf site anyone here uses which you'd recommend?

In short, please help.

Go to the local course and see about lessons from the golf-pro there - probably cheaper than a place like Golfsmith. That is a pretty nice store though.

Don't buy new clubs. They're a waste of money for a beginner. Start looking on eBay and Craigslist for used sets. Or even buy a set from WalMart or something like that until you get a feel for it. Once you're hooked and know your investment will pay off, then buy a good set.

I bought a set of Ping Eye-2 irons for like $250 on there. Then you can search for your woods and putter separately.

I'm not hardcore into the sites or accessories or anything like that - I just like to play. I think its funny when there are guys out there dressed like they're playing farging Augusta and have everything known to man in their cart and they shoot over a hundred.

Rome

Buying cheap clubs is the dumbest idea ever.  Buy a nice set of irons. A nice driver.  A nice putter and a utility wood like a seven.  Then take lessons with a professional.  Most if all, get the farg out of my way when I'm trying to play through.  Or else, motherfarger.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You carry your appraisal tape with you on the course? WAR!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on May 09, 2011, 01:17:07 PM
Buying cheap clubs is the dumbest idea ever.  Buy a nice set of irons. A nice driver.  A nice putter and a utility wood like a seven.  Then take lessons with a professional.  Most if all, get the farg out of my way when I'm trying to play through.  Or else, motherfarger.

How is it dumb? Especially for someone who hasn't played much? What if he drops $400-600 on a set of irons and never picks a club up after a few rounds?