UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

GeneralZOD

Tryin to watch UFC tonight online, but the govt blocked channelsurfing and adthe.  Anyone know of another site to watch it for free????
CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts

Diomedes

The FBI told us to knock that off, so no.

Nice to see you though, ZOD.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Damn so I just realized Fedor lost again to some freakish giant Antonio Silva from Brazil. Dr's stopped cause Fedors eye was shut. He took major beating, but didn't look bad on his feet. Wondering if Fedor is done?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

rampage looks toast. and jon jones is a freak of nature. so good.

also, caught the first episode of the new TUF. some of the best elimination bouts they've ever had.

phattymatty

anyone else watching TUF? could miller and bisping be any more opposite? god damn bisping is a prick, and not in a funny way. some good fighters this year though.

phillymic2000

hbionic

Holy Christ, did anyone watch the card tonite?

Mir's comeback was epic and what a way to win.

Jones...well...damn, that's all I can say.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phattymatty

yeah jones is the baddest man alive right now. thought it would have been a more exciting fight against evans but i guess a wins a win. not sure who else in the light heavyweight division has any shot at challenging him. maybe he moves to heavyweight? that could be fun. those elbows he was throwing made me cringe.

looking forward to mir - dos santos next month too, mir has been getting better of late.

ice grillin you

how long btwn fights do fighters wait in mmc...its not months and months like boxing is it?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

4 months is typically the max if its a title fight.  Injuries obviously cause delays, but its not like boxing and waiting a year
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Feva

Quote from: phattymatty on April 23, 2012, 04:31:58 PM
yeah jones is the baddest man alive right now. thought it would have been a more exciting fight against evans but i guess a wins a win. not sure who else in the light heavyweight division has any shot at challenging him. maybe he moves to heavyweight? that could be fun. those elbows he was throwing made me cringe.

looking forward to mir - dos santos next month too, mir has been getting better of late.

Yeah, I heard people talking about Jones/Evans being a boring fight cuz there was no knockout, but you gotta understand. Two guys at the top of their profession like they are and who know each other's strengths and weaknesses so well, you're looking at a fight that's destined to go the distance. Even so, both of them landed shots (Jones, moreso) that would have finished the fight against lesser opponents.

Either way... Me, my brother and Lyoto Machida now welcome Jon Jones into the exclusive "beat Rashad" club.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Drunkmasterflex

I thought your brother and cousin did? Now its you as well?  ;)

And I thought it was an excellent fight, I couldn't believe some of the shots that Evans took and still stood.  Jones is without question one of the top 3 fighters in the world.  And you can easily make and argument that he is the best. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phattymatty

yeah it was definitely a good fight and no doubt most fighters would not have been able to take those jones elbows. i guess i was just expecting a little more emotion because of their history, maybe one of them letting their guard down a bit, but those dudes are pros and two of the best.