2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

That WHIP list is really incredible.  2,3, and 4 on the list, only trailing Kershaw.

Rome

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 01, 2011, 06:52:09 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2011, 06:45:10 PM
choke doesnt have grit tho....keep dry humping your so cal soul patch wearing animal lover and ignoring arguably the greatest player in franchise history

Slow your roll.  He's not at Mike Schmidt status yet.

No, and he won't based on defense alone.  Offensively, I do think Howard is a slightly better hitter, but he also plays in a more hitter friendly park and many of the other parks today are hitter friendly as well now that all of the big, multipurpose stadiums are all gone. 

Howard has had some big post seasons though.  But Schmidt has a WS MVP to his credit.  I'd be curious what Schmidt's post season numbers would have looked like if he had the luxury of playing under the modern format. 

Hawk

I love how they pointed out that Lohse went around to his team apologizing for the Utley run.  Two innings later, Howard and Ibanez destroy him haha.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2011, 06:55:05 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 01, 2011, 06:53:17 PM
Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2011, 06:51:43 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 01, 2011, 06:49:53 PM
Igy leading the wagon. I'm on board.

Five minutes after leading the "season over" bandwagon.

That managerial guru starting Lohse at CBP was an excellent decision.

I thought LaRussa had his guys ready for the big stage and playing above their ability?

IGY was the one touting LaRussa.  Starting a guy who gave up a walk-off grand slam in his last playoff appearance at the same park was pure genius.

Yeah, I know.  But since you brought up LaRussa I figured I'd throw that out there. 

Sgt PSN

I hate those Foundation For A Better Life commercials....especially the "sportsmanship" one with the kids playing basketball. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 01, 2011, 06:58:44 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 01, 2011, 06:52:09 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2011, 06:45:10 PM
choke doesnt have grit tho....keep dry humping your so cal soul patch wearing animal lover and ignoring arguably the greatest player in franchise history

Slow your roll.  He's not at Mike Schmidt status yet.

No, and he won't based on defense alone.  Offensively, I do think Howard is a slightly better hitter, but he also plays in a more hitter friendly park and many of the other parks today are hitter friendly as well now that all of the big, multipurpose stadiums are all gone. 

Howard has had some big post seasons though.  But Schmidt has a WS MVP to his credit.  I'd be curious what Schmidt's post season numbers would have looked like if he had the luxury of playing under the modern format.

theres an argument right now but if they win another world series hes better than schmidt....he will never have the longevity of schmitty but his numbers are to good to ignore

"just get me to the plate boyz" puts him over the top
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Hawk

Is the biggest loser at the game the guy with sunglasses on??? They just showed him standing up behind home plate.

Sgt PSN

Just as he says that you want Jimmy batting from the right side and is 50 points lower in his avg, Jimmy pops one into right. 

ice grillin you

why the farg would grit be bunting here...settle down brenly former manager
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Hawk on October 01, 2011, 07:03:38 PM
Is the biggest loser at the game the guy with sunglasses on??? They just showed him standing up behind home plate.

I have a hard time saying anyone who scored playoff tix behind home plate is a loser.  Except that fun hole chick from last year who was the most awful fan I've ever seen in the stands.

Sgt PSN

Everybody hits.  Wooooooooooooo!

BTW...wtf ever happened to that dude?  I haven't heard him in a couple years. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.