2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: Hawk on September 11, 2011, 04:27:24 PM
Worley just gave up the lead in the 7th.  Did everyone forget about this game?

I was going back and forth for a bit. This game means nothing. If they win yippee, they lose and oh well.

Geowhizzer

Worley just seemed to run out of gas.  Has been the last few starts.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

MDS

when they look back on the season, the game where john bowker couldnt knock in pete orr and mike martinez is gonna be the killer.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Or Jimmy Rollins having his first at-bat in several weeks against the closer.

BigEd76

magic numbers:

2 - playoff spot
6 - division
7 - HFA

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on September 11, 2011, 05:17:53 PM
when they look back on the season, the game where john bowker couldnt knock in pete orr and mike martinez is gonna be the killer.

:-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Bissinger is on fire this morning. When he gets on twitter, it's worth the price of admission:

QuoteAs for Phillies, biggest problem is to make sure the parade is well-run this time. Rare team in history to live up to hype.

P.S. Nice pitching matchup tonight of Oswalt vs. Myers. I know J is probably hoping to get his betting account up to go all in on the wife beater.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MDS on September 11, 2011, 05:17:53 PM

lol
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Wife beater and Kim had another baby two weeks ago.  Guess everything's cool again huh

oh yeah, we get to see Happ again on Wednesday.  Escalona is done for the year though.  Dumbass tripped on somebody's glove while fielding fly balls and sprained his ankle...

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

if the phillies lose to either myers or happ does easy make it out alive?