2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

cant believe how bad this offense is...worse than i ever anticipated
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

they looked good last week, drama queen

this is just another bad stretch, which is going to happen when you have as old and as untalented a lineup as they have.

the thing i can say is in the playoffs because of days off and what not a lot of the averages and "runs" that are atypical baseball become irrelevant.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

lol @ they looked good "last week"....thats awesome even for you

thats like saying well ibanez looked for a week in may....or ben francisco looked good in the opener...all is well

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 21, 2011, 09:31:48 PM
MDS Wheeler at it again.

their offense has been garbage since binocular gate well over a year ago...but as long as they looked good last week nothing else matters

you cant make this shtein up

MDS

oh dear, no

you werent saying anything last week is what i mean. they werent the worst offense of all time then. but now since the last 2 games have been bad i guess they are.

im not  making excuses for it...check out 3 seconds ago when i called polanco/ibanez a black hole. its just your over the top hyperbole is ridiculous.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Todd has a point, that 5/6 hole is almost as infuriating as these clowns and their patience at the plate.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 21, 2011, 09:34:28 PM
oh dear, no

you werent saying anything last week is what i mean. they werent the worst offense of all time then. but now since the last 2 games have been bad i guess they are.

im not  making excuses for it...check out 3 seconds ago when i called polanco/ibanez a black hole. its just your over the top hyperbole is ridiculous.

yeah i def just made it up tonight...ive been saying their offense sucks since last year...in the offseason...and this year

if it will make you happy next time they score ten runs in a game ill say it still sucks

MDS

you have been, ill give you that

but your level of suckitude has wavered depending on how they were doing that week or that day. meaning youre a hyperbolic over reactive pessimistic little girl.

but thats what i love about you.

ice grillin you

seattle series is the perfect example of what is going to happen in the playoffs...and its not much different than what you saw against the giants last year....the phils are going to face a team that on paper is seemingly worse than them but the opponenet is going to have good pitching that shuts the phils down and their hitters will come up with the hits when they need them and/or they will be able to scratch out some runs which is something the phils cant do and before you know it the phils will be on vacation

MDS

ice grillin you

no...the offense could get hot in the playoffs (if they make the playoffs)...i dont completely dismiss that as a possibility

but i see it ending how i described above

you see another parade

two different visions of the same team

we will see what happens

ice grillin you

i hope he proves me wrong and gets a hit here but why the farg does charlie continue to run gload out there....the guy should be on the DL...not being counted on to get big hits