2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

pretty much everyone but werth and possibly victorino will eventually be on there.

I am sort of surprised steve bedrosian isnt on there.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on June 17, 2011, 09:45:57 AM
this might have been discussed previously, but who from this recent winning group do you take?

rollins - eff the wall of fame he should have a statue
utely - yes
howard - yes
ruiz? - no
hamels - if he resigns
lee? - needs either three more really good years AND a world series or like five or six really good years and no title
werth? - lol
victorino? - no
halladay? - pretty much lee but with a slighty lower threshold
lidge? - no

thats how i see it...but with who has already made it i dont see how most dont get in...problem is they should have had a much higher standard to begin with...tho to be fair the franchises history is so god awful that their all time greats arent that all time great
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

lidge is my biggest question.

he was a huge factor with a historic season to bring them a title...otherwise he's been nothing.  should that one year with a championship trump the other garbage years.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Definite
Rollins - One of top Phils in history.
Utley - WFC adds "philly lore" to already solid to great career numbers for 2B
Howard - 2nd in HR (doubt he tops Schmidt at this point)

Almost Definite
Hamels - Legendary 2008 postseason; will become definite if he can keep up his recent success
Ruiz - Fan favorite, one of top catchers in Phils history (Boone, Dutch... Seminick?)

Needs More
Halladay - Obviously just with the Phils - and this will quickly move into the definite IMO
Lee - Needs to accomplish something with the Phils
Victorino - Just not sure if he has enough;

Borderline
Lidge - Is one magical season enough?
Werth - Has a couple outstanding seasons, but not much longevity.

BigEd76

Eagles_Legendz

Hamels is definitely in.  Lidge should be out.  Werth, out.  Victorino might make it but he needs another 3 years or so.

Rollins/Howard/Utley/Hamels.  I think Halladay will make it.  Lee hasn't even been with a team for a season yet.  A bit early to even throw his name in there.  Ruiz is the real toss up to me.  Fan favorite and, as Geo said, one of the best Phillies at his position of all-time (though that isn't saying much).

ice grillin you

BigEd76

For the group between '94 and '07, I think Lieberthal is a stone cold lock, Abreu is 50/50 and Morandini and Glanville might get a little consideration.  '08-present, I think Burrell, Rollins, Utley and Howard are locks, and Hamels will join them if he's a Phillie for another 5 years.

rjs246

I'll be writing Randy Wolf's name onto the ballot every year.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phillymic2000

MDS

if lieberthal is a lock then chooch is getting in first ballot

they have to put someone in every year and obviously just put the likes of samuel and kruk in so after they are done with jimmy, chazz, howard, burrell, etc., ruiz and even victorino are going to look like good choices. also lidge will get in. tug mcgraw got in for one pitch, so will lidge.

the bigger question is will wheeler get in. the phillies are well aware everyone hates him but hes been announcing for like 40 years and normally that should be enough.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

charlie

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 17, 2011, 11:31:19 AM
For the group between '94 and '07, I think Lieberthal is a stone cold lock, Abreu is 50/50 and Morandini and Glanville might get a little consideration.  '08-present, I think Burrell, Rollins, Utley and Howard are locks, and Hamels will join them if he's a Phillie for another 5 years.

I would think Burrell is in the 94-07 group, not the 08+ group.

Of the 94 to 07 group, the picking is slim...

Burrell is in
Wolf is in

There's a few
Leiberthal
Abreu
Millwood
Glanville
Rolen (despite the hate)

BigEd76

True, but I grouped him with the '08 guys since he was on the championship team and the others weren't...

Rome

The fact that any of you would prefer Curt Schilling to Kruk under any circumstances in something as trivial as this is what's truly hilarious.

Would I rather have Schilling starting Game 7 of the Series than Kruk starting at first?  Of course.

But Schilling is a piece of crap and Kruk is a great guy who loved the team, the city and the fans.  Kruk please.  Let Schilling be placed on the Orioles, D-Backs, or Red Sox WOF.