2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on May 18, 2011, 08:45:22 PM
so hamels is pitching pretty well tonight

but his vagina might flare up at any second

Bad Jew!  Bad!

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 18, 2011, 08:45:22 PM
but his vagina might flare up at any second

not that it was a tough call to make but you pretty much nailed that one
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i realize you are incapable of seeing it like this but 1 run over 7 innings is 1 run over 7 innings

that run could have come in the 1st or the 7th and it means the same.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

so a game tying or leading run given up late in the game is the same as early in the game

thats maybe the biggest money ball statement ive ever heard anyone make...beane would be proud

MDS

it goes for any pitcher, not just hamels or someone on the phils

that run was coming and it just so happened to come in the 7th.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah which makes it exponentially worse....its what he did a lot of last year and even more than his lack of run support was why his record wasnt a lot better

the less outs there are left in the game the more important a lead becomes

MDS

halladay did it twice in his last 2 starts, but im sure he sucks, too.

look. you dislike hamels on a personal level. i dont understand why, but you do. you need to separate however you feel about the guy from what his production actually dictates. and im not sunmo, i dont have a crush on him.

ice grillin you

jimmy is the definition of getting old overnight....its really amazing...and also incredibly depressing to see one of my two or three favorite athletes of all time go down like this

MDS

its hit like a farging bomb this year

his bat and legs started to go a few years ago but never his glove. now...not so much. he is the heart and soul and a legend but he arguably wont be a major league SS at this time next year.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 18, 2011, 09:02:30 PM
halladay did it twice in his last 2 starts, but im sure he sucks, too.

who said nicole sucks?....halladay should be and was criticized...especially for the atlanta loss which was inexscusable for a pitcher of his stature...of course halladay isnt known for it and didnt do it 10 times last year so he gets a much longer leash as no one is perfect

MDS

so let me just get this straight

hamels = Hoyda for giving up a run in the 7th
hamels = ?? for striking out fowler in the 8th with leading run in scoring position

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 18, 2011, 09:09:23 PM
so let me just get this straight

hamels = Hoyda for giving up a run in the 7th
hamels = ?? for striking out fowler in the 8th with leading run in scoring position

i dont really know how to answer but i will say that giving up a late game tying run is worse than striking out someone is a good thing...runs are always more important than outs

like jimmy knocking in a run there is better than if he simply singled in the 8th inning of a game

also to your earlier ridiculous point thats a run is a run is a run....you really dont believe that jimmys rbi there is the same as if he got a second inning rbi do you?

MDS

no of course not...but you cant compare at bats to starts. starts are kind of independent creatures where you have to look at the whole thing. at bats are each to their own, meaning what you do in the 8th obviously has more bearing in the moment than what you do in the 2nd.

that goes against true saber dorks. they feel theres no such thing is clutch or big moments or anything like that. however i would say that a 12 year vet getting a sac fly in that spot isnt clutch. it just is.

the bigger play that was indicative of the moment was ianetta dropping the ball to get valdez to 3rd. if its the 2nd i dont think he does that.

PhillyPhreak54

Ahhhhh all is well in Phillieville;

Offense sucks (5 hits or less in 5 straight for first time since '69) but scratch out a win because of the normally putrid bottom of the order.

Choke is slumping.

Raul is near death.

Jimmy is fine, iceholes.

My boy Wilson was money.

MDS is an insufferable prick.

MDS