2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Quote from: Munson on May 01, 2011, 11:04:13 PM
shtein, I'm wathcing then ews channels and missed it. I want to see a replay of that so badly

Youtube

ESPN article on it

QuoteDavid Wright: "I don't like to give Philadelphia fans too much credit, but they got this one right,"

Sgt PSN

LOL @ the Nats playing well.  They are 4-6 in their last 10 and they are the 4th worst offense in the NL in scoring.  But hey, the have a winning streak of 1 and the Phils struggled against a pitcher who has been successful against them. 

Munson

Quote from: charlie on May 02, 2011, 12:16:35 PM
Quote from: Munson on May 02, 2011, 11:10:11 AM
The only reason why the nats would take 2 out of 3 is because oswalt isn't back yet and they might have to go cole-vance-kendrick

they're not doing that. it's going to be hamels-worley-halladay. they're just moving everyone up with todays off day.
that's what I was hoping, but wasn't sure. Nice. Hopefully oswalt gets back soon.                                                                                                   
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 02, 2011, 12:45:02 PM
Quote from: Munson on May 01, 2011, 11:04:13 PM
shtein, I'm wathcing then ews channels and missed it. I want to see a replay of that so badly

Youtube

ESPN article on it

QuoteDavid Wright: "I don't like to give Philadelphia fans too much credit, but they got this one right,"
I love you, edward
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on May 02, 2011, 12:54:35 PM
Quote from: charlie on May 02, 2011, 12:16:35 PM
Quote from: Munson on May 02, 2011, 11:10:11 AM
The only reason why the nats would take 2 out of 3 is because oswalt isn't back yet and they might have to go cole-vance-kendrick

they're not doing that. it's going to be hamels-worley-halladay. they're just moving everyone up with todays off day.
that's what I was hoping, but wasn't sure. Nice. Hopefully Oswalt's back gets better soon.    

Munson

Geowhizzer

I have no doubt that Oswalt's trip and concern for his hometown was legitimate.

However, he's already tweaked his back, and his velocity has been down his last couple of starts.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteJimmy Rollins is back in his customary leadoff spot for the first time this season. Here's the full nine:

1. Jimmy Rollins 6
2. Shane Victorino 8
3. Placido Polanco 5
4. Ryan Howard 3
5. Ben Francisco 9
6. Raul Ibanez 7
7. Pete Orr 4
8. Brian Schneider 2
9. Cole Hamels 1

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

charlie

BigEd76

Lannan's gotta be thinking WTF....Thursday is the 5th time he's faced the Phils the last two seasons, and 4 of them were against Doc

Another quick note about this series of impending doom: Stairs still doesn't have a hit this season

MDS

is pete orr/wilson valdez the worst platoon in baseball right now?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous