2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

victorino - over
jimmy - cooked
GRIT - broken down
choke - good
francisco - garbage
polanco - good slap hitter
mayberry - garbage
chooch - ok but incredibly overrated
valdez - throw up
ibanez - worse than burrell
HOF brown - not ready

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 20, 2011, 01:56:44 PM
No Hit Narveson on the hill today, I see.

going for my fantasy squad....it was the five star play of the day
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Make that 3-0...some guy named Lucroy went deep.

Swept by the Brewers.

ice grillin you

can someone explain to me why the farg charlie keeps putting jimmy in the three hole...he has ONE rbi on the year and charlie keeps running him out there....its unfargingbelievable

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2011, 02:03:06 PM
can someone explain to me why the farg charlie keeps putting jimmy in the three hole...he has ONE rbi on the year and charlie keeps running him out there....its unfargingbelievable

Kinda light on options.

But then again - it really doesn't matter how you set it up. Crap is crap.

Don Ho

Need more Astros!

Hey!  The dumb farg pineapple head didn't swing at ball 4.  Winning!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

igs are you suggesting batting Jimmy 2nd (or a swap with Shane) and Polanco 3rd?  There's not much else they can do until Chase gets back....

PhillyPhreak54

Whew! No Hit Narveson's gem is still intact thanks to Polanco and Rollins.

2 hits in the last 13 farging innings against the farging Milwaukee farging Brewers.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 20, 2011, 02:04:08 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2011, 02:03:06 PM

Kinda light on options.

thats not a reason to keep a guy in an rbi producing spot for the whole year who cant drive in runs.....maybe lack of options is why you put him there in the first place but it doesnt fly as a reason anymore...shtein ibanez excelled there last year for a stint...hes a way better choice than jimmy

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 20, 2011, 02:10:12 PM
igs are you suggesting batting Jimmy 2nd (or a swap with Shane) and Polanco 3rd?  There's not much else they can do until Chase gets back....

jimmy bats lead off or 7-8....he cant be in the three hole....why cant ibanez or victorino be tried at 3...if jimmy can go there then pretty much anyone can be given a shot...again ONE RBI ON THE SEASON....not in the last five games or this week or this series....one for the YEAR

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 20, 2011, 02:10:50 PM

2 hits in the last 13 farging innings against the farging Milwaukee farging Brewers.

not that they could beat houston st pius x right now but the brewers are actually pretty good

this aint getting swept by the astros
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Havas - put Ibanez there and you have L-L with him and Choke.

That forces an almost automatic PH in the late innings when the Javier Lopez's of the world come in and eat him and Choke for lunch.

BigEd76

pretty sure Milwaukee's AAA righty no-names have done the same thing against those guys

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 20, 2011, 02:15:29 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 20, 2011, 02:10:50 PM

not that they could beat houston st pius x right now but the brewers are actually pretty good

this aint getting swept by the astros

getting 2 hit by the wolfman and a yahoo SP/RP is pretty god damn awful

halladay and lee getting waxed by their offense is understandable

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 20, 2011, 02:17:53 PM
Havas - put Ibanez there and you have L-L with him and Choke.

That forces an almost automatic PH in the late innings when the Javier Lopez's of the world come in and eat him and Choke for lunch.

for years GRIT and choke hit back to back...plus ibanez hits fine against lefties...its not like he has monsterous splits

in general thats not even close to a reason to leave jimmy in the three hole...and in fact last year when utley was out ibanez hit it .350 in the three hole

MDS

that was a random fluky hot streak that came at an amazing point

ibanez is horrendous and beyond washed up and shouldnt even be playing, let alone hitting 3rd.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds