The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

The doc was pretty good. Interesting to hear Artest, ONeal and Jackson talk about it.

I forgot what a douche bag the beer throwing guy was. His interview after was so cringey

SD

NBA tv is running a 2 part show called Ready or not: the 96 draft. Might be old but never seen it. Worth the watch.

QB Eagles

It's the NBA version of the CBuck scam.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

bucks so confident right now they're playing Giannis brother the entire second half against the nets.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Mavs were down 18-1 and 23-3

They lead 90-86 now

Geowhizzer

They must be playing the 76ers...

SD

Seen a lot of whining from players about the rule change but I like it, to me it's not much different than in football when the receiver purposely runs into the defender to draw a PI. Contorting your body in unnatural ways to draw a foul is unfair to the defender and at times impossible to properly guard against.

Atlanta Hawks star guard Trae Young stopped his criticism of NBA officiating before he got fined. Before he did, Young made it clear the new points of emphasis on foul drawing have him frustrated.

"There's a lot of missed calls," Young said. "It's basketball. It's just, it feels that they're learning, and they're just -- I don't know. It's frustrating."

Young added, "I don't want to get fined too much, but it's frustrating."

The Hawks star also said he's seen other All-Stars like Devin Booker, James Harden and Damian Lillard impacted by this new way of officiating.

"I saw James said it's about him, but it's not targeting just one player or two players," Young said. "You can watch basketball. Damian Lillard's never averaged 17 points probably since his rookie year. There's a couple guys. I mean, Book's averaging 18. There's a lot of things that, when guys are driving straight and guys are getting knocked off balance -- it's still a foul, whether they're using their lower body or their hands."

Young finished up by saying he supports most of the new emphasis.

"Veering back and jumping into guys -- that's different," he said. "There are certain things that, I agree with the rule changes, but then there's things that are still fouls, and guys are going to get hurt. Especially a smaller guy like me who's going up against bigger and stronger defenders, they're using their body and they're using their legs and their hands to stop me.

PhillyPhreak54

The last two people I want to hear from on that are Young and Harden.

Shut up. The change was needed.

PhillyPhreak54

Bulls Celtics has been wild

39-11 so far in the 4th Bulls over C's

Huge comeback

ice grillin you

The last place team in an 8 team nba Atlantic division is the nets at 4-3

Damn impressive
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Harden stinks and that play isn't a shock. He couldn't even be bothered to bend over. They took away his binky (the FT on every drive/shot) and he can't do anything.

Kings have been fun to watch. They throttled they Hornets tonight. Richaun had 23/20

Lillard has been lousy this season so far. Can't buy buckets.