Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 28, 2019, 10:28:13 PM
they have a pretty good regular season bullpen. need 1 shutdown arm for the fall (kimbrel?). but damn neris if he can do this consistently

He's already proven he can't

I don't think even the biggest HN fan is confident he can have an inning like that in October.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

it would hurt my fantasy team but will smith is having a great season and is a FA after this year. unless the nats want to give away doolittle with 1 year left im not sure anybody better is going to be available than neris.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2019, 10:25:05 PM
Hoo boy was hector nasty tonight

Kolton Wong probably still in the lobby bar shaking his head thinking "WTF was that?"  Three pitches and he looked silly as did Carpenter.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 28, 2019, 10:22:29 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 28, 2019, 05:36:12 PM

But everyone is innocent till proven guilty.  Let due process play itself out. 

Yes...let the process play out to see if the girl put the bruises and fingerprints on her own neck and arms

So now you're against due process and the rule of law?

The Phillies have done exactly the right thing here and they should be lauded for it. 

SD

Quote from: Rome on May 29, 2019, 05:50:42 AM

Yes...let the process play out to see if the girl put the bruises and fingerprints on her own neck and arms

The Phillies have done exactly the right thing here and they should be lauded for it.

Remember when Reuben Foster was accused of domestic violence and he was guilty by court of public opinion and called a piece of shtein? That's what they want. Women hit men too (they usually are the ones to initiate contact)...so I wouldn't rule out she started wailing on him first and he put an end to it. Ray Rice...Kareem Hunt...the women were swinging on them too. You want equal rights expect equal lefts.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 29, 2019, 05:50:42 AM

a baseball team isnt the rule of law...its a sports franchise

SD

The Phillies reported the incident and he was put on administrative leave. What more do you want? Without a video it's an incident that needs to be investigated.

ice grillin you

phillies didnt report anything....the arrest record was public knowledge

and he should have been released yesterday...the charging documents contain more than enough to release him....i dont think you guys understand the difference between an actual court of law and simply being released by a team

PhillyPhreak54

I think he has to be on the suspended list first per the CBA pending an investigation, correct?

ice grillin you

i know the discipline for the act is determined my mlb but cant any team release a player for any reason any time they want?

then of course a team who claims him has to deal with any potential suspension

what you are saying may be true but it would make zero sense with fully guaranteed contracts

like he could be completely cleared of all charges and the phillies could still release him for any reason...so why couldnt they release him with an active investigation going?

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 29, 2019, 09:33:08 AM
phillies didnt report anything....the arrest record was public knowledge

and he should have been released yesterday...the charging documents contain more than enough to release him....i dont think you guys understand the difference between an actual court of law and simply being released by a team

mlb didn't catch wind of the incident, Klentak was in a meeting when his secretary told him there was an urgent matter. He immediately reported the incident to the mlb. He was only charged with simple assault.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phillies/answering-some-questions-stemming-odubel-herrera-domestic-abuse-arrest

THIS is why knew jerk reactions in these incidents are dangerous
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001007305/article/reuben-foster-domestic-violence-charge-dropped

Elissa Ennis, the alleged victim, told police that during a verbal altercation with Foster, he slapped her phone out of her hand, pushed her in the chest area and slapped her with an open hand on the right side of her face. Officers observed a one-inch scratch on her left collarbone, according to police.

A judge ruled there was no probable cause on the first two charges after Ennis recanted the allegations and the judge found no other evidence to support the charges.

ice grillin you

pretty sure you dont know what dangerous means...again you are confusing the justice system with a team releasing a player.....if the phillies released him today he could go to any team he wants if they are willing to have him...we arent talking about a court case that is railroading an innocent man into prison for 25 years

there literally is nothing "dangerous" about releasing odubel herrera if he never choked out his girl...the fact that he almost certainly did means he should be gone already

unless like j said they arent allowed to do it because of some language in the domestic violence deal the league and union made

Rome

They should definitely cut someone before the facts have either cleared or convicted him. 

You sound like a farging Trump supporter. 

ice grillin you

lol thats sweet

throw out the complete inability to understand the separation between the justice system and a pro sport which is something only someone as clueless as a MAGA could do you have time and time again proven to be as much of a neanderthal as any trump supporter if not more when it comes to women and other social justice issues....florida aint been good to you yo

MDS

this isnt like firing jimmy from accounting after he was booked for something that may or may not have happened. jimmy's life is hanging by a thread and he needs each paycheck to survive.

herrera is still getting paid no matter what (except when hes on suspension). his life will be fine. he just doesnt get to play baseball anymore for the worst franchise in sports history.

maybe he did the right thing
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.