Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

valid take

gelb is so far away the best beat its honestly a joke....and the other ones arent that bad. this isnt a bodner situation where hes going up against garbage like pompey
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

just chiming in to say how much I wanna murder Tom McCarthy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Can't say enough about Eflin's efforts to this point of the season.  The lack of strikeouts would suggest that it's not sustainable, but he's been remarkably efficient.

ice grillin you

Bryce Harper is a waste of life

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 11, 2019, 09:44:07 PM
Can't say enough about Eflin's efforts to this point of the season.  The lack of strikeouts would suggest that it's not sustainable, but he's been remarkably efficient.

Caught his start against the Marlins (Phanatics Birthday). He has a really live arm. Another gem tonight (as he gives up a double)

Don Ho

yes, that was beautiful last night.  Efficient is correct Geo.  Nola starting to get his shtein together, Eickhoff looking steady and Arrieta stops giving up monster bombs (never mind his offense goes AWOL every time he pitches) they may have a descent staff.

Praying Harper gets to .250 by Memorial Day
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 11, 2019, 09:58:50 PM
Bryce Harper is a waste of life

Don't let lil guy hear you say that

MDS

complain all you want about bryce but i cant think of anything more pointless

hes going to be batting 3rd and playing rf for the next 1000 years...there is nothing good or bad to say about him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Wait a second

it's pointless to care about your best player for the next 13 years being a pos?

I'll remember that next time you complain about literally any sports player

MDS

literally no other sports player has a 13 year contract

you can care, i do too, but no matter what happens - good or bad - bryce is hitting 3rd in 2019, 2022 and 2026. zero other players have this kind of job guarantee.

ice grillin you

So Carson wentz can be criticized now but not when he signs a long deal?

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 13, 2019, 12:07:05 AM

Money does factor in. Nobody complained much about Ryan Howard, once he signed his mega deal he was fair game.

QB Eagles

No one complained about Ryan Howard prior to his mega deal because he was a perennial NL MVP candidate before that deal. That even happened before he struck out looking against the Giants to end 2010.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on May 13, 2019, 12:32:39 AM

Money does factor in. Nobody complained much about Ryan Howard, once he signed his mega deal he was fair game.

Lol what?

he was booed his whole career for striking out too much

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 13, 2019, 12:41:44 AM
Quote from: AO1 on May 13, 2019, 12:32:39 AM

Lol what?

he was booed his whole career for striking out too much

Not at the level he was once he signed his mega deal. The first few years fans loved him more than Grit