Quote from: ice grillin you on April 07, 2019, 03:46:44 PM
the phillies need a closer

If only there was one available...

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 07, 2019, 03:56:59 PM

he was terrible in the postseason last year...give him a billion dollars for 1 year but im wary of going long term on 30+ pitcher
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on April 07, 2019, 04:06:29 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 07, 2019, 03:56:59 PM

he was terrible in the postseason last year...give him a billion dollars for 1 year but im wary of going long term on 30+ pitcher

Agreed, which is probably why he's still available.  He wants the long-term.

Geowhizzer

Eflin doing the job his first two starts.  Hopefully he can keep that up.

ice grillin you

QuoteMike Trout has a 25.6 BB% and 7.0 K% after 10 games this season. There is actually one other major league player who has *both* a higher BB% and a lower K% than Trout this season...

It's Maikel Franco, who is currently sporting a 26.5 BB% and a 5.9 K%.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Best player in baseball!  :D

PhillyPhreak54

JFC that hanging slider was fat

Thanks, VV.

MDS

i feel like bunk in s4 of the wire

j is my jimmy....all he gives is a taste
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

That weird, low reaching swing does it again.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

you just cant have pat farging neshak close games

Don Ho

No you can't.  This musical closer shtein is not the answer.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

it could be an answer if you had some consistent dependable lights out arms...I don't know if you need a kimbrell...but you need more than what they got

MDS

neshek being used tonight was gabe playing mad scientist. he cant fiddle with the lineup anymore so he has to flex his muscles somehow...enter the bullpen.

i have no idea why neris wasnt used but im sure it had something to do with the swingpath of anthony rendom matching up to neshek's slop. some guys who they might be able to get in july

-mike givens
-kenny giles
-shane greene
-alex colome
-cody allen
-will smith
-archie bradley
-wade davis

some of these teams are going to be in the playoff race, but there will be some options.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd almost prefer waiting until the deadline to get someone vs spending stupid money on that Amish looking weirdo Kimbrel

SD

I'd overpay for Kimbrel on a 1 year deal. He seems dead set on getting a 5 year deal but at some point he's going to have to accept it aint happening. Been encouraged by Robertson's last 3 outings.