Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I don't think the Hoskins HBP was on purpose, but that's the third time (at least) pitches have been up and in on him.  Showed pretty good restraint going down first base.

QB Eagles

And that was how Bryce Harper came to use bats with "Nick Williams" written on them for the rest of his career.

Don Ho

Totally agree on Hoskins Geo.

Arrieta sure cleaned it up.  He went from awful bad to filthy good.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Jessica Mendoza would get dinner and a movie. 

PhillyPhreak54

This is going to be a fun season.

Need another starter and 1-2 bullpen pieces.

I'd keep plugging after Keuchel. Maybe a deal similar to Arrieta gets him.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

all I want is for that stupid wave thing the two lacrosse names do...it's so embarrassing that no one else on the team will do it (so far)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Daily News, too soon. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Two lacrosse names!  I love it!!!

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 31, 2019, 11:16:04 PM
all I want is for that stupid wave thing the two lacrosse names do...it's so embarrassing that no one else on the team will do it (so far)

As usual I need an IGY translator...

Geowhizzer

This gem from Todd Zolecki sums up the Phils' sordid history:

QuoteThe Phillies are the only undefeated team in baseball. If they win on Tuesday against the Nationals, they will be 4-0 for the first time since 1915.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on April 01, 2019, 10:29:31 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 31, 2019, 11:16:04 PM

As usual I need an IGY translator...

so harper and hoskins "wave" in a child like manner to the dugout when they hit a double. usually guys will throw up some kind of sign or signal, but these 2 are doing a goofy wave thing.

its stupid. i dont really care one way or the other. im just glad they are playing with energy this year because last year, even when they were winning, shtein was dull.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Ah.  Gotcha.  Donkey shine. 

QB Eagles

QuoteIf they win on Tuesday against the Nationals

Damn. Can't he just wait one more day for the stat to be true instead of jinxing it like that?