Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I hope that the Phils get this craptastic offensive game out of their system before the regular season.  Or maybe by tomorrow when the son and I are headed north to Clearwater to see the game.

And apparently Hoskins is nursing some shoulder injury.  They're playing it down (the whole "no structural damage" thing), but it's something to keep an eye on.  He's out until at least the weekend.

Rome

Next up: Bake McBride

Don Ho

please reference Haloti Ngata thread.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

when is Joe Table up for Wall of Fame discussion?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

man did pivetta look good today
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 20, 2019, 06:37:01 PM

His last two outings were really good.  If he can become a #2... [/wishful thinking]

Don Ho

Nice McBride clip Geo.  39 years ago, damn.  1980-81 every Philadelphia team made it to their respective league championship, bums only ones to prevail as world champs.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 20, 2019, 06:53:44 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 20, 2019, 06:37:01 PM

His last two outings were really good.  If he can become a #2... [/wishful thinking]

hes been good all spring but today was next level filth that ive never seen from him

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

They need him. Stating the obvious but since VV isn't developing he's got to be the third guy.

SD

Harper's gone yard twice

Don Ho

Harper's second homer was beautiful.

Damn, VV really sucks.  "Vince, bullpen on line 1".

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 20, 2019, 10:22:08 PM
They need him. Stating the obvious but since VV isn't developing he's got to be the third guy.

your no 3 is pivetta...maybe

most likely its someone currently playing for another team. what the phillies have in house is a lot of bottom of the rotation starters/organization depth. the best thing about their rotation is they have 3/4 guys in AAA who are not horrendous, which is kind of something.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Hell of a lot of fun at Spectrum Field today.  Both Harper homers were blasts.  Son got an autograph from Jimmy Rollins.  Bought him a #3 jersey.  May have to sell blood to pay the bills later.

Vinny V is maddening to watch.  He can be dominant to two strikes, then starts nibbling.  He might start the year in the rotation, but he won't end it there.

Rome

There are few places I'd wait in line to eat.  This is one of them.