Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 18, 2019, 06:15:43 PM
This is disingenuous. 

$200-$300 Million vs. Billions.  To people making <$40,000 and struggling to make ends meet, does it really matter?  At this point, both of them are the haves. 

Minor leaguers... or at least the ones that didn't get gigantic bonuses, you have a case for.   Right now, though, Freddy Galvis will make more this year than I will in my entire working life.  And I'm doing better than many in this country.

i dont even know what this means....everybody should fight for every penny theyre worth. bryce getting 2 million more vs. john middleton keeping 2 million. who ya got? the answer is who cares but if im bryce i want those 2 extra bills.

the economics of the game are broken and a strike might be forthcoming. i dont doubt that and would love to see everyone go to bat for the career minor leaguers and fringe players who need union backing and power more than the established players who are haggling over 35 and 30 million do. 

i will never side with business over labor, i dont care if labor makes millions. power to the people.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on February 18, 2019, 12:08:58 PM
i know the pro management mentality had a hold on MAGA chuds, trump apologists and geriatric fake liberals like romey...but they even have the j's of the world now

sad reality

Management can farg off too. I'll side with players most of the time especially when it comes to labor issues for the most part.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Munson on February 18, 2019, 06:57:42 PM
This shtein, however...
https://twitter.com/whatwouldDOOdo/status/1097565028142796801

Pay your damn taxes, millionaires.

Ugh. I'm a new era fanboy. Legit love their hats.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on February 18, 2019, 11:07:15 AM
I'm so proud that you've grown into a jaded, bitter old farger.

😆

Lol I'm almost 40! Time for me to get salty.

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 18, 2019, 11:52:52 PM
Quote from: Munson on February 18, 2019, 06:57:42 PM
This shtein, however...
https://twitter.com/whatwouldDOOdo/status/1097565028142796801

Pay your damn taxes, millionaires.

Ugh. I'm a new era fanboy. Legit love their hats.

Ah I farged up the second tweet...this one was supposed to be how Manny and Harper are getting loopholes in their contracts so they don't have to pay state taxes on millions of dollars. farg that shtein

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on February 19, 2019, 09:28:08 AMAh I farged up the second tweet...this one was supposed to be how Manny and Harper are getting loopholes in their contracts so they don't have to pay state taxes on millions of dollars. farg that shtein

How would that even be possible? I understand the "loophole" of the teams effectively paying the state tax with a bigger check. Two private entities can't draw up a contract that cancels out state taxes though.

You sure this wasn't about the teams avoiding the MLB "luxury tax"?

Munson

Nah it was something about signing bonuses and them being taxed on where they live (income tax free states) vs where they would be working. Now im gonna have to find the damn tweet

Munson

https://twitter.com/sportstaxman/status/1097641126968860674 21

I guess there are rules around signing bonuses and deferred comp that can avoid state taxes if the language is written right?

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 18, 2019, 11:50:39 PM
Management can farg off too. I'll side with players most of the time especially when it comes to labor issues for the most part.

fred wilpon deserves another yacht
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

ice grillin you

lol if the padres get one of these guys and the phillies dont
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

busta bus is at nats camp today and was just live on espn saying he is getting zero sense that the nats are getting back in the harper sweepstakes

this is good cause I always thought and still kinda do that he wasn't leaving there

like everyone else he favors the phillies but says watch out for the white sox now that they lost out on machado
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

San Diego is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.  He could have done worse. 

That's a shtein load of money for them to pay out, though.  If he's worth that, Trout might be worth half a billion over ten.

PS: Good for Manny.