Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

shtein ass AB by Hernandez
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 31, 2018, 07:55:33 PM
Obviously they're going to activate him before September 1st just in case they're still in a pennant race. 

this is what im referring to....makes absolutely zero sense

they arent "obviously" going to do anything....when he can play he will play whether its next week or september 18th...

september first is irrelevant when it comes to an injury....you have to be on the active roster by september first to be eligible for the postseason....he obviously is already on the active roster
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yea havas is right in this...kyle schwarber tore his acl in the first game of the season 2 years ago. he came back in the world series. you just have to be on the 40 man, hurt or otherwise.

anyway fenway was fun. i was an idiot yelling 41-33 and having loud trolly conversations about tom bradys lack of ball security. all in all good time. sat 2nd row in front of the rf pole for game 1, up in lf for game 2.

great scene around the ballpark with tons of bars, everyone pregaming. real drawback of the bank set up is the only thing near it is xfinity which is a white trash hellhole. the park itself is a dump and charming at the same time. the rf seats we were in are real packed in there...no room to move around and a real tough fit for the bigger folks. the lf seats were newer so it was like being in a normal park.

saw a lot of phils fans there, more so for game 1 but that just mightve been our section. legit loud eagles and lets go phils chants going. twitter said there was a huge eagles chant on the main concourse after they won but i wasnt in that area.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ugggh i think the area around fenway is a disgrace....i mean its better than the the stadium complex but thats a pretty low bar....its all douchey chain like bars and there arent even that many of them...the first time i was there we walked around the entire stadium and basically said "this is it?" and struggled to decide where to go...second and third times we stayed downtown and just cabbed to the stadium right before the game

MDS

im a sucker for a baseball atmosphere...everyone hanging around the ballpark accomplishes first versus philly where you can come in for 10 seconds before the game and leave right after.

could the bars be better? sure. we went to one maybe a block or 2 away that was fine. im not sure its possible to have a truly good bar in that area.

basically the entire thing made me mad that the phillies play in a parking lot
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i havent been to all stadiums but a phillie tailgate is probably better than any bar scene in the majors save wrigley

Rome

White people problems. 

MDS

if the phillies make the playoffs as a 3 seed/wild card, game 3 of the nlds will be the same date as birds/vikings. if they are a 1/2 seed its a road game.

the only other potential conflict is game 5 of the world series, which is the same day as the birds london game

ice grillin you

MDS

here come the phils

walk
out
infield hit
walk
rbi 5-3 squibber
3 run bank hr

thats how the big boys rally

Rome

I'm not seeing how Scott Kingery isn't anything more than a AAAA infielder. 

Someone convince me I'm wrong.

Please?

SD

That was a hell of a play by Franco

MDS

ice grillin you

Odubel easily should have easily caught that

MDS

we're not there yet but with the way odubel is going and how interesting a player quinn is....