SD

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on July 31, 2018, 03:06:55 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on July 31, 2018, 02:57:46 PM
Phils get...

Wilson Ramos from the Rays.

https://www.mlb.com/news/wilson-ramos-traded-to-phillies/c-288192622

Like it. Knapp is horrible.

It will be nice to actually have a catcher who doesn't swing so freaking hard that his helmet comes off every damn at bat.  And can actually catch pitches.

Alfaro's got tools, but has a lot to learn.  Knapp should be fired from a cannon.

Geowhizzer

Phils get...

Aaron Loup from the Blue Jays.

ice grillin you

always good to get a lefty reliever who isnt very good against lefties

the ramos move was an absolute steal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Looks like Kleintak is trying to add without dipping too far in to the system.

I agree, Ramos (if he can get healthy relatively quickly) is a good add.  Improves the offense, and more importantly the defense at the catching position.

Not sure I get adding Loup.  He's having a terrible season.  Not sure I want Tommy Hunter's reflection added to the bullpen.

Rome

Wait what?!?

They got Ramos for freaking cash?   That can't be right. 

Rome

Just checked it.  I'll be damned.   Does Tampa have the next Johnny Bench in waiting?

ice grillin you

from tampas standpoint hes gonna be 31 is always hurt and is a free agent.....he doesnt fit there at all

from the phillies standpoint hes not going to be playing for them until possibly september and is a free agent who they will not be resigning

the cost was clearly going to be low but tampa is not even going to get a top 30 phillie prospect

Rome

Obviously they're going to activate him before September 1st just in case they're still in a pennant race.   I think this is a kick in the pants for Alfaro and Knapp who've been just ok.  Getting a veteran in there to push the kids is a good thing.   At the very least they'll have someone who's been there and done that for a long time to learn from.  And for nothing more than cash too.  It's a no-lose situation. 

ice grillin you

it's not a matter of activating him...his hammy is jacked up...earliest he shows up is middle August but hammys are tricky and his has already delayed his return once

Rome

ice grillin you

you are talking about activating him before September 1 like he's being called up

he's hurt

Rome

What is wrong with you?  When a player returns to the active roster from the DL, he's been activated.

When a player joins the major league roster from the minors, thats referred to as a "call up."

Don Ho

All I can say is "Dear Wilson, get well, get well soon, we want you to get well"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on July 31, 2018, 09:37:39 PM
What is wrong with you?  When a player returns to the active roster from the DL, he's been activated.

When a player joins the major league roster from the minors, thats referred to as a "call up."

He doesn't have to be activated to be eligible for the postseason: 

Quote(a) PLAYERS ELIGIBLE.

(1) Major League Roster Players. To be eligible to play for a Major League Club in a Wild Card Game, Division Series, League Championship Series, or the World Series, a player must

(A) have been on a Major League Active, Disabled, Bereavement / Family Medical Emergency, Paternity, Suspended or Military List of such Major League Club as of Midnight Eastern Time on August 31, or on such date be under control, but on optional assignment, or on assignment from another Major League organization and not yet reported...