Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Our house... in the middle of the street,

SD

Ken Rosenthal
Twitter › Ken_Rosenthal
#Phillies acquiring Asdrubal Cabrera from #Mets for Double A RHP Franklyn Kilomé, sources tell The Athletic.

Rome

Whoa.  That's a solid pickup there. 

SD

I don't like giving up Kilome but they addressed a definite need and added some flexibility. Get another bullpen arm without giving too much up and make a run. They're not elite talent wise but they have good starting pitching, timely hitting in spurts, and power. So let's do this.

QB Eagles

The trade makes sense for both teams. Not a whole lot to criticize here.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 27, 2018, 06:58:30 PM
The trade makes sense for both teams. Not a whole lot to criticize here.

Todd and havas will be along shortly

Rome

Cabrera is a nice player. He instantly upgrades SS plus he can spell Cesar at second too.  I'm not crazy about giving up great prospects but Kilome' isn't one of them. 

Cabrera helps them now, and if the Phils are gonna get Manny, they're going to have to have more to offer than just a pile of cash.  A winning team or even a playoff squad gives them something extra to point to if LA lets him out of the building in the off-season. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on July 27, 2018, 05:57:04 PM
Ken Rosenthal
Twitter › Ken_Rosenthal
#Phillies acquiring Asdrubal Cabrera from #Mets for Double A RHP Franklyn Kilomé, sources tell The Athletic.

MDS

cabrera can certainly hit the question is defense. where does he play. his range isnt good, which is a bit of an issue for ss. thats your biggest offensive need. id imagine they try him at ss and see how it goes. if he bad he shuffles between rf and 3b or just acts as a very good pinch hitter.

kilome was passed by others in the org and really projects as a bottom of the rotation starter or middle reliever. theres a chance, of course, he tops that and such a thing will not be good since hes on the mets. but a decent bet to make that he wont come back to get them.

in the mean time, cabrera is a significant improvement for their team now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

10 straight minutes

ice grillin you

kilome ceiling is as high as anyone's he could a top rotation guy or a great closet if he can ever get his mechanics straight and be able to repeat them

it's a definite overpay for Cabrera but not a super egregious one

also here come the nats
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

2 wins over the marlins

watch out everyone
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Apparently they're interested in Joey Gallo
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Don't know what I think about that.  I know Gallo has power and takes walks... but he can't even get on the right side of the Mendoza line.