Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

It's amazing that they're 14-7 with the offensive problems they've had.  The starting pitching 1-4 has been no less than stellar thus far.  If the bats can get it going, this could be a much more fun season than I anticipated.

Rome

I'm more impressed with how they've played despite having a Scientologist freakboy as a manager.  Seriously, every time he speaks, I cringe.  He makes me pine for the homespun turn of phrase days of Gomer Manuel.

ice grillin you

may 4, 5, 6 phils at nats is gonna be fire
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

just gonna leave this here

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

VV gives up back to back dongs.  Don't worry IGY, I have the Sixers game on the big TV, bums relegated to iPad
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

sixers bandwagon is full

and we saw last night what will ultimately happen over the next month when the phillies play good teams

MDS

yes when their 4th best pitcher cant get the bottom of the order out theyll lose games
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah and the line up struck out a thousand times

bad teams play good teams bad things happen

MDS

theyre going to strike out a lot just simply based on the way they play. taking a lot of pitches and working deep counts results in a lot of strikeouts (but also walks).

obviously it was at a bit of an extreme last night. kingery going through some rookie struggles doesnt help. alfaro being quite possibly the worst hitter in baseball doesnt either.

ice grillin you

nice little win here for the phils

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 25, 2018, 09:59:39 PM
nice little win here for the phils

Either you're clairvoyant, or my feed is seriously behind.

MDS

shame 2 of the 3 starters the phillies are giving the dbacks arent any good, but at least they got one

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

yup

but they are winning 80 games

MDS

yea they had 6 games against good teams and used 5th starters in 4 of them...lost them all. won when they used real pitchers. i sense a trend.