We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

wow j first off hang in there

second you are in a pretty small % of people so congrats? if you want post your experience on OAN facebook and let the anti vaxxers run wild
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks dude. Feel ok right now so hopefully it stays calm.

The chick I work with already started on me with "that government vaccine gotcho ass!"

Geowhizzer

I pray that you and the lady friend stay strong.

It's didn't last as long, but I felt worse from shot #2 than I did when I had the 'Rona.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks Geo!

I've read that 5800 people total have been reported to have contracted it after full vaccination.

I wasn't considered full because I got it around the time of my second shot and you need two weeks post shot two to be considered fully vaccinated.

The data for contractions after shot one isn't easily found. But I've read a few that said the efficacy in studies ranged from 52-86%.

Crazy thing is Sarah was getting her first shot today as I was testing positive. So I called her and that's when she went to get tested too and found out right after her first shot. We don't know what'll happen to her now as far as the vaccine goes.

Her symptoms aren't as bad as mine. She has the cough and some congestion and fatigue but no smell and limited taste.

My congestion has cleared a bit but the god damn cough sucks. My smell hasn't really been affected but my taste has a little. I can taste some things but others just seem really bland.

The fatigue and sweats tho...I just took the garbage down to the curb and it feels like I've been working out for a half hour. Crazy.

Rome

Pfizer Dose #2 for me tomorrow at 12:30.  I'm sure I'll be off Tuesday to recover but who knows?

The pollen count has been astronomical this year but it's started raining again down here, so it's been trampled down a bit.

Every time I start sneezing I'm thinking oh no, here we go.

I'm sure like everyone else I just want to be able to go out to eat or even see a zesty movie in a theater again.  If people would just comply and take the shots, we'd be back to some semblance of normalcy again, but I guess that's just not in our spoiled society's DNA.  Gotta be contrarian no matter what. 

ice grillin you

have you really not been out for a meal or a beer or whatever since march 2020?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

We haven't here. Not worth the risk at all. Curbside take out. Just stepped foot inside a grocery store earlier this week for the first time in over a year.

I actually hope take out drinks stick around. I'll be excited to hit a bar again soon but also wouldn't mind picking up some good drinks
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 18, 2021, 01:26:35 PM
have you really not been out for a meal or a beer or whatever since march 2020?

Not really.  I get take-out a lot. Bars are a non-starter for me these days.  Wifey's fully vaccinated now and my daughter is a couple weeks out from her second dose.  Once we're all fully dosed, we'll start going out again.   My wife hasn't been anywhere but the Supermarket and Lowe's since last March.  Her immune system was destroyed by her cancer treatments, so Covid would have likely killed her.   She hasn't been in her work office since last April either.

Rome

I've also limited my drinking almost entirely aside from an occasional glass of truly delicious Irish whiskey I bought a while ago.

Honestly, the thought of going out now makes me sick anyway.  I can barely go to a store without getting enraged at iceholes refusing to mask up down here.  Better just to avoid it altogether. 

ice grillin you

yeah i guess if i lived down there i probably would go out a ton less...i didnt think of that part of it

in general tho its just insane to me that someone hasnt been out in over a year

General_Failure

I can honestly say that quarantine has not changed my social habits in any way. Actually that's not true, I'm definitely less pleasant to people not wearing masks when I go shopping.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

The one thing I continue to do is get my hair cut regularly.  The woman who cuts it is nice (hot too - perv alert) and she's compliant about wearing masks if you request it from her.  I didn't see her for several months back in the beginning of this, but eventually I just said farg it and started going again. 

That's about it, though.  I haven't missed work because our boss is has made mask-wearing mandatory in public spaces.  We're free to remove them in offices (like mine) or cubicles for the staff, but everywhere else it's mandatory.  I can't tell you how rare that is in govt in this state.

ice grillin you

thats funny cause i started shaving my head a month into covid and havent stopped...barbers freak me out but ive been to at least 50 bars and restaurants in the last six months

Geowhizzer

My county rescinded the mask requirement this week.  The school district will more than likely make masks optional in the next school year (which basically means no student will wear it).

Most businesses have signs that say masks are required, but many are not really enforcing it.

People are morons.

Rome

I actually don't mind wearing a mask unless I'm talking in one.  I have no idea how you do it all day, Geo.