We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Wifey got her first Pfizer shot scheduled for Friday.  Second is automatically scheduled for two weeks later.  CVS has their shtein together.  Publix, on the other hand, is a steaming pile of Republican dogshtein. 

Rome

Half my staff just got called in to get their shots.  I deferred until everyone else gets theirs.

Rome

Stimulus checks hit tomorrow. 

PhillyPhreak54

First round of Pfizer is in my arm. I'm sitting in the 15 minute observation area where they have nurses walking around making sure none of us die.

I wonder if I'm gonna have any side effects. People at work said headache and chills. The chick giving me the shot said headache and nausea for her. My sister got really sick with flu like stuff for a day. But then others I've talked to had nothing.

I rarely get sick. Can't even remember the last time I had a cold. I've only had the flu 1-2x in my life and last was in 2008. So hopefully that means i won't feel anything.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Florida man.  It's farged up here.  I went to pick up dinner for the family at a place called Charlie Horse here tonight.  There wasn't a single seat open.  Waiting line out the door and people in there packed to the gills.  Not one mask on any of the diners. 

The staff was mostly complying but this is the first time since this started I was spooked. I won't be back till I'm fully vaccinated (get my first dose of Pfizer on Monday).

I can only imagine how many of the 75 people in there were infected.  I truly felt bad for the staff.

Geowhizzer

I'd be expecting DeSantis to reverse that in three... two... one....

Rome

He can't do jack shtein.  Home rule.  Cities can impose whatever restrictions they deem fit if a state of emergency is declared. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 20, 2021, 08:31:00 PM
Florida man.  It's farged up here.  I went to pick up dinner for the family at a place called Charlie Horse here tonight.  There wasn't a single seat open.  Waiting line out the door and people in there packed to the gills.  Not one mask on any of the diners. 

The staff was mostly complying but this is the first time since this started I was spooked. I won't be back till I'm fully vaccinated (get my first dose of Pfizer on Monday).

I can only imagine how many of the 75 people in there were infected.  I truly felt bad for the staff.

Honestly it's like that here as well....ever since the vaccine started rolling hard it's like the Vid doesn't exist
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Found out I'm getting the Moderna tomorrow.  Weird.   I guess they switched based on availability.  Fine by me either way. 

Rome

Got my shot.  Pfizer after all.  Walgreens gives all second doses 28 days later.  It's easier for them from a scheduling standpoint.  Wifey asked me how I felt... I said, relieved.

Yay science.

PhillyPhreak54

Good news.

Any side effects yet?

I had a low grade fever for a couple hours and felt lethargic for about 18hrs and that was it

Munson

Got my 2nd moderna yesterday around 4:30 PM. At some point over night I developed bad aches all over. Woke up today feeling like I had a really bad hangover or just worked out for the first time in months. Around noon-2o clockish I developed a fever of 100.4, been hovering around there ever since. Still lots of aches.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

My mom got a pretty bad reaction to the 2nd Moderna shot as well.  I hope that you get better quickly.

Munson

I took one Tylenol (bottle said take 2), so i cheated a little bit, but....fever finally broke by 7ish. Aches were starting to subside by the time I fell asleep....woke up today completely fine. Had a slight headache for a short period of time but that's it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds