Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sun_Mo on March 09, 2006, 09:59:05 AM
i was only at D&B's once, and i was so drunk by the time our food came, i have no idea how good it is.

You got nothing.  I got so drunk at D&B's the night of my bachelor party that the girls at Show & Tel actually looked hot.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on March 09, 2006, 08:46:22 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 08, 2006, 08:51:09 PMYou think that was expensive? Try the ESPN Zone in Times Square. A 32-ounce beer was $16.50 the last time I went in there. I bought a round of three for my buddies and it was like fifty bucks. :-D

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when tourists complain about prices at Times Square, but I just don't get how you can come to the middle of tourist hell and not expect to pay ludicrous prices for everything.

I wasn't angry, Dio, nor was I surprised.  I was with a couple of buddies, one of whom lives out on Long Island, and we took the train into the city to do some partying.  Anyway, we stopped off at the Zone for a look-see (hadn't seen it yet) and I made the mistake of asking if anyone needed beers.  Of course the answer was "sure - big ones!"    Haha.  Dicks...

Trust me, I've had plenty of $75 steaks and $25 appetizers in my day, bro.  I know the score in Manhattan.

We ended up going to the Blarney Stone on Eighth Avenue and getting shteinfaced after that fiasco. 

MURP

went to the ESPN zone in Baltimore once.  I give it an F... and that is coming from someone who drinks PBR with a smile on the face.

Geowhizzer

I've been to the ones in Chicago and Atlanta.  Food is overpriced and mediocre.  Can't speak for the beer.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 09, 2006, 10:00:32 AM
id put a bullet in my head before i ever went to d&b's

Try and go with a bunch of kids.

On a saturday night.

$250 later(about 45 minutes in real time).

You will put a gun to your head.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

We ended up going to the Blarney Stone on Eighth Avenue and getting shteinfaced after that fiasco

is that the one by the garden...if so ive been obliterated there more times than i can count.....great bar
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Wife and I ate at the Chardonnay last night- one of the fanciest restaurants in Naples.  Jacket and tie required.

$150 for two meals (with appetizers and dessert).  She had the Filet Mignon with Chardonnay Wine Sauce, I had the Sirloin Steak with Peppercorn Sauce -Flambe with Armagnac.

Pretty darn expensive.  Fortunately, we had been given a $100 gift certificate.  8)

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MURP on March 09, 2006, 07:51:05 PM
went to the ESPN zone in Baltimore once.  I give it an F... and that is coming from someone who drinks PBR with a smile on the face.

Went to the one in Vegas and it blows. Food stinks, only went there so I could watch the Flyers game but figured the food would at least be decent since there was a wait to put your name on the waiting list.

Went to Sweet Lucy's Smokehouse on 7500 State Road in Philly lastnight. Best BBQ Pork I ever had. Mashed Potatoes and gravy, Grandma's Macoroni salad, and Cornbread were all phenomenal. Nice setting in the place too.

Diomedes

We spent 5 grand on a dinner for 16 at work the week before last.  A few months ago, we spent 2 grand on a lunch for five.  Expensive meals are de riguer in the wine and spirits industry, especially at the top.  If you're schilliing Dom Pérignon, you eat well.  If you're schilling Popov, not so much.  I'd have rather been home eating tuna fish sandwiches than schmoozing with work iceholes, but I have to admit the food and wine were good.  I would never spend that kind of my own money at a restaurant, tho.

My favorite place right now is Dominicks on Arthur Ave. in the Bronx.  No menu (the waiter tells you what they have that night, or you tell him what you want and they make it (provided you aren't asking for french fries or Chow Mein--it's an Italian restaurant, not Olive Garden), no credit cards, no reservations, communal seating, and the best Italian food you'll ever have anywhere.  And it's a bargain.  Four people with drinks no more than 130 after tip.  And did I mention the food is the bestest evAr??
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 09, 2006, 11:35:45 PM
We ended up going to the Blarney Stone on Eighth Avenue and getting shteinfaced after that fiasco

is that the one by the garden...if so ive been obliterated there more times than i can count.....great bar

Yep...

rjs246

Ate the shtein out of some delicious Indian food last night. Boston may suck, but my neighborhood has some fanfargingtasting restaurants.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

henchmanUK

"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

MURP

Quote from: henchmanUK on March 15, 2006, 11:32:51 AM
South London is the home of the curry.

I would have thought India was the home of the curry.