We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

There's already wildly varying outcomes and I'll guarantee you the % of anti covid vaxxers who've actually read the basic info is less than 1%

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah they get their news from some fat housewife with a bowl cut on FB or one of the many politicians who wouldn't look their way if they were dying in the street.

I always use the polio vaccine as the comparison. Imagine if that shtein was cranking up now. Would people be as stupid? Probably. But I'd like to think they'd take it seriously.

If that shtein stain Trump would've taken it seriously his magat minions would've listened and we'd be "back to normal". But no. He farged off bc he thought the market would tank (it did) and he'd owe the election (he did). I mean JFC leading up to the election he was pimping the vaccine! And he had his advisors also pimping it as the Trump vaccine. They were all about it then.

Munson

Quote from: TAFKASD on July 29, 2021, 12:00:52 AM
There's already wildly varying outcomes and I'll guarantee you the % of anti covid vaxxers who've actually read the basic info is less than 1%

To Rusty's point, the problem is we've all underestimated just how many people are out there who could read that information that you're linking too and understand jack shtein about it. I think we have to come to terms that hundreds of millions of Americans are literally just stupider than we may have assumed. I don't mean that as a insult, I mean that literally they lack the capacity to understand some things that we would consider generally easy to understand. I can't even begin to describe how many times i've faceplamed in the last 2 years at people just having no understanding of science that, while it's not basic, it's also not hard to understand if you're at all capable. Thinking about these people reading about how mRNA vaccines work, and I just...can't see them getting it.

The example I keep coming back to is masks and smell. I've seen so many people say something to the effect of "Well if I can smell someone's fart through the mask, obviously they don't work to block viruses!"...and these people just don't understand that the methane air particles coming out of your icehole are extremely small compared to even a single viral particle of COVID. Their brains literally can't fathom that difference. It's terrifying to realize how many people out there lack the capacity for that,

(The other explanation is they COULD understand if they WANTED to, but prefer not to understand and also just don't want to deal with the cognitive dissonance that would come with having to admit their chosen political side and hero is wrong, so they prefer to just dig in and pretend they're right no matter how wrong they are)
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Pharmacists report that people are wearing disguises at the pharmacy when they come in for the shot. 

Red hatters who don't want their friends to know they got it.   

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 28, 2021, 11:14:05 PM
i cannot functionally understand how people think they know more than doctors and infectious disease experts

i get the people who inherently dont trust the government and go the other way if theyre pushed to do something. theres some justification there albeit they are very wrong here. the people who think reading a few websites or watching some tik tok videos makes them smarter than a epidemiologist with 3 decades of experience...no. NO.

no one thinks they literally know more....they have a pre conceived notion of something...whether its a mistrust of government or a conspiracy theory and they seek out outlets that spew information to back up those notions then they say the doctors are wrong...but they dont actually think they know more than the doctors...you dont ever hear arguments or debates from these cranial lumps over cell therapy or auto immune diseases
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 29, 2021, 08:36:56 AM
Quote from: MDS on July 28, 2021, 11:14:05 PM
i cannot functionally understand how people think they know more than doctors and infectious disease experts

i get the people who inherently dont trust the government and go the other way if theyre pushed to do something. theres some justification there albeit they are very wrong here. the people who think reading a few websites or watching some tik tok videos makes them smarter than a epidemiologist with 3 decades of experience...no. NO.

no one thinks they literally know more....they have a pre conceived notion of something...whether its a mistrust of government or a conspiracy theory and they seek out outlets that spew information to back up those notions then they say the doctors are wrong...but they dont actually think they know more than the doctors...you dont ever hear arguments or debates from these cranial lumps over cell therapy or auto immune diseases

I know that we run in different circles but I completely disagree. I've talked to more armchair epidemiologists over the past year and a half than I care to remember.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

maybe i just dont pay attention but im talking about even online i dont notice it....i certainly have never met anyone like that...

but online i see them say the doctors are wrong and post a tucker carlson link or a link to some crazy right wing article or meme...but i dont see individual people say that they know more than the doctors and try to argue the science...i guess im lucky
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 29, 2021, 09:07:08 AM
maybe i just dont pay attention but im talking about even online i dont notice it....i certainly have never met anyone like that...

but online i see them say the doctors are wrong and post a tucker carlson link or a link to some crazy right wing article or meme...but i dont see individual people say that they know more than the doctors and try to argue the science...i guess im lucky

This describes 99.9% of the population and 100% of anti covid vaxxers. I tried breaking down the way the vaccine works to several anti covid vaxxers and it all went back to "we don't know the long term effects"..." can't trust the g'bment". My point to them was you've already been administered a similar type of vaccine...here's why it's similar...but it fell on deaf ears. Whatever...enjoy getting sick. Checked in on mom a bit ago...she's doing a bit better. I sent her the Disney new mask rule link and she said she can't believe my cousin is still having a party (25th anniversary for our really good friend...roughly 100 will be in attendance). I didn't say anything but 99% of the people going are vaxxed and it's outdoors. Not to mention she just went maskless and unvaxxed to the current epicenter of covid.

PhillyPhreak54

Id love to read the story about the pharmacists seeing people in disguise. I'm lol'ing about MAGA Karen disguising herself to go get vaxxed.

My biggest customer told me this morning they had an outbreak in their shop. About 15 people tested positive. A few went to a house party, got it and then came to work and spread it.

Rome

A woman I work with walked into my office this afternoon and told me she had Covid a month ago.  She was out for three solid weeks.  She was double-vaxxed and wore masks religiously.  I thought she was on vacation.  Never even knew she was sick.  She told me she got the same treatment as Trump (infusions) and that saved her life.

Meanwhile in Florida we had 16,000 positives for Covid today alone and 92 deaths.  Hospitals are way past capacity and ambulances are lined up outside them waiting to drop off more Covid patients when the beds empty.

Yet despite ALL THIS, the piece of shtein Trumper icehole Governor refuses to do anything at all.

I can honestly say the rage building here against these motherfargers is spiraling upwards right now.  shtein is gonna hit the fan soon here. 

Rome

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253119138.html?__twitter_impression=true

17,589 new cases today.  Not 16,000 as previously reported. 

I'm just farging exhausted and a little despondent right now.

Munson

I wish the doctors and nurses would legit just strike somehow/someway. Put pressure on Desantis
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

The very thing that made them want to be doctors and nurses would keep them from doing that.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

A lot of them are unvaccinated, Munson.  It's incredible down here.   It truly is the dumbest place in the country.  It's not like Alabama or some other shteinhole state either.  There's smart people here but millions of them have been brainwashed into believing the GOP Fox News bullshtein.  Doctors, lawyers, bankers, professionals of all sorts railing against vaccines and suggesting repeatedly (STILL!) that it's just a hoax or a Democrat plot. 

That's why so many of us are just exhausted here.  We're doing the right things but so many people aren't that it just doesn't seem to make a dent.