We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Start acting weird and scratching your arm and complaining about 5G and the Bill Gates Chip

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Makes me think of The Wire

"shot and a beer, Delores"

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

so the (expected) news that we wont reach herd immunity pretty much means the virus is going to eventually mutate to the point where it defeats vaccines, those of us that survive are going to have to re quarantine and the anti science lunatics are going to grow bigger and louder to the point where there is going to mass death in the millions

do i have this right
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 03, 2021, 07:08:29 PM
so the (expected) news that we wont reach herd immunity pretty much means the virus is going to eventually mutate to the point where it defeats vaccines, those of us that survive are going to have to re quarantine and the anti science lunatics are going to grow bigger and louder to the point where there is going to mass death in the millions

do i have this right

Pretty much.

The bros and MAGAts with the "Covid is over" shtein are the ones who wanted herd immunity in the beginning. The ones saying "hey if you don't want it stay home and let us live our lives"

Now the places and events placing vaccine restrictions on attendees have the same idiots crying about it. So I like to tell the ones who whine "hey stay home if you don't like it and let us vaccinated and people with antibodies live our lives"

PhillyPhreak54

Tested negative last week and each day I feel better. There are still some lingering things (shortness of breath and fatigue and cough) that I hope don't hang around too long.

The cough seems to be subsiding but will flare from time to time. I've read that the fatigue and shortness of breath can take several weeks to months.

The chick I work with said her "Covid lungs" lasted about two months.

It's disheartening to see how blase people still are about this. I had a relatively mild case and it still farging sucked.

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Daughter had a fever Tuesday so I kept her home from school, took her to get a test and she tested positive. She's fine now just a bit stuffy. Glad I kept her home and away from soccer and softball practice. I've had some very mild symptoms like a minor sore throat. The vaccine is doing its thing.

PhillyPhreak54

Sorry that she's positive. Hope it stays mild!

And yeah the vaccine helps keep your symptoms down.

PhillyPhreak54

Four weeks post Covid diagnosis and two weeks post negative test:

I'm still fatigued, something have brain fogginess and have shortness of breath after mundane tasks that before were no big deal. But last night my cough was so bad that I thought I was going to have to have my girlfriend take me to the ER. I was at my wits end.

I woke up about 3am and coughed for two hours straight. It was wheezing and I could hear and feel it in my chest. Kinda like you have some phlegm in there and need to cough it up - but I don't have anything in my lungs. There's nothing to cough up.

Finally around 5 it calmed down and I was able to get back to sleep. My chest hurt from coughing and I was googling just about everything from how long Covid symptoms last to pneumonia symptoms.

This shtein is frustrating.

I feel fine today and haven't coughed much at all. It's crazy how it comes and goes but that episode last night was a bit worrisome. Like am I going to have that shtein happen all the time? Will I ever be able to go do intense cardio again? I'm sure it'll get better but damn. The girl I work with said her "Covid lungs" lasted two months.

Eagaholic

Damn, Jay. I hope your immune system kicks that shtein out once and for all, and at least there is some consolation knowing the symptoms can leave just as quick as they recur.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks, man. Yeah me too!

Today I feel totally fine. Hopefully it stays that way. I'm going to keep doing breathing exercises and walking. One loop around the lake in our neighborhood is a mile so that'll be a good barometer to use as we walk.

The girl in our office I mentioned? She's a proud anti-Covid vaxxer and anti-masker. She thinks she has Covid again. Her first time was January and now likely has it again four months later.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger