We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

That's a hard one to answer as how to help the lady with cancer. The only thing you could do would be help out with food and leave it outside for her in a cooler or something. Otherwise any other way would be a potential exposure.

Texas is now the number one state. And our county is number one in the state. SO we're the hotspot.

Yesterday was my bday so my girlfriend wanted to take me out Saturday for a couple drinks. It took us driving around awhile before we found one of our old spots that wasn't packed to the gills. Our normal hangout was nuts to butts because of the stupid UFC meatheads in there watching the fights. We turned around and left. Finally we found a spot that had about six people inside and we went in there and sat at the bar. We were the only ones on the side of the bar so that felt safe enough.

But as a whole you'd think there was no pandemic here. People just out and about.

The farged up thing is that even when Cheeto Dick is thrown out of office the division he's created with the "bUt maH fre3dom" types will linger. Biden's administration isn't going to be able to snap their fingers and put the toothpaste back in the tube. If this had been addressed properly 7-8mo's ago we'd be alright. But nope.

General_Failure

Every day I get closer to thinking the smoothbrains are going to have their way with this and we're just going to have to live with people dying from this forever.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

Quote from: General_Failure on October 27, 2020, 12:22:33 PM
Every day I get closer to thinking the smoothbrains are going to have their way with this and we're just going to have to live with people dying from this forever.

Well the solution is only as good as the dumbest people not doing it, so...yeah, of course.

General_Failure

My niece has been feeling sick since Friday, tested positive. The rest of her family is getting tested tomorrow.

Rome

Ugh.  Sorry man.  Good thoughts. 

The virus is roaring through Florida again.  A lot of businesses have simply stopped enforcing the rules and aren't even bothering to pretend anymore. 

"If I get it I get it" is the prevailing thought here. 

Amazing. 

General_Failure

Any way to get out of Florida.

Rome

Pretty much.  My colleague is an anti-masker and delights in telling me how her and her husband go out to places where there's no precautions being taken.

Meanwhile last Friday I took my wife for her yearly cancer scans in Tampa and every person I saw in every place I went was wearing a mask.  I mean Florida is a shteinhole, yes, but in larger cities with more educated populations there seems to be more common sense and decency being shown.

My buddy lives in Ft Lauderdale and he says the same thing.  It's highly restricted and everyone is following the cdc guidelines.  Weird but I get it.  There's a lot of northerner expats down there. 

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

Today will log the highest new daily reported cases yet.

That record will last what, 24 hours?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Oh don't worry, it won't become a public safety concern until Election Day when someone will surely try to shut down certain voting locations in certain districts.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

Too bad those aren't all Deplorables.  We could stand for a few hundred thousand of them to drink bleach and stop spreading this farging disease.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

All three of my older sister's kids tested positive this week. I'm sure it'll be fine. They'll continue to have people come in and out of the house when they recover, and there's definitely nothing that will happen to my nephew's 1 year old. Yes sir, outlook is good.

Diomedes

I'm sorry to hear it. 

What a farging mess we're in.

General_Failure

So, if it comes to that, I'm not going to a baby funeral during this.