Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

It's too bad he didn't go up with the tanker.

MDS

was out in quaint little new hope, bucksco to see tommy and me - ray diddy's play. for local community theatre it was pretty decent. met gordon clapp, who played tommy, and ray after. nice talks, good dudes.

anywho, took the 95 detour on the way back. we avoided it going up. oh boy. it added 10/15 mins to the drive at 1030pm with very limited traffic. its gonna be 30/45 if not more during heavier hours of the day. completely untenable. local traffic is absolutely farged. theres some side streets closed off, i have no idea how people there are supposed to function.

the fun part is the southbound detour takes you right past world famous four seasons total landscaping. so now millions of people will get to see a true part of american history.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

95 temp lanes will open this weekend.  Not bad for a bunch of pansy libs. 

phattymatty

I read an article that there is a YouTube livestream of the construction (lol) and the live chat had 1000s of people in it at one point.  It obviously just turned into a Go Birds chatroom haha.  Sometimes I really love Eagles fans.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

That's a helluva job by the city and state to get that up and going in two weeks.

MDS

government can work efficiently when the money is flowing and the materials were 1 exit up

shapiro milking this for all its worth and he better well do it. the only thing stopping PA from falling into a maga hole is a democratic governor. cant wait for him to run for president in 2028
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 23, 2023, 08:45:25 PMThat's a helluva job by the city and state to get that up and going in two weeks.

Not disagreeing, but Biden wasn't kidding when he said this repair was the single most important job underway in the entire Nation.  With the resources of the federal government at their disposal, and an effectively unlimited budget, this shouldn't be too surprising.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

True.

I'm just used to seeing highway projects slog on forever. Sure it's a major artery for the nation but it goes to show that shtein can get done quickly.

Diomedes

In all seriousness, the problem is global.  If the U.S. can't get it's most critical eastern seaboard highway functional with the quickness, well...our foes are watching.  It would show weakness and vulnerability to terrorists and antagonistic State actors that the United States simply cannot afford to display.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Joanne Epps, acting President at Temple died today after collapsing on stage at a memorial for another acamdeic. 

I never heard of her before reading this but check her list of accomplishments...it's nuts.  Temple lost a great one today, clearly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/09/19/president-temple-university-joanne-epps-dead/