FIRE HOWIE ROSEMAN!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 10, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

yeah but he was oregons "chief of staff" whatever that means...im talking about real nfl PP people

i posted before my big fear with this staff is that its going to be a college organization....and unless theres more to come on the nfl front this makes my worst fears realized

its actually amazing howie even let chip do this...tho i suspect that harris will have little to no input as far as PP goes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

The coach who wouldn't leave his Nike research facility without some say in what players they get would definitely get his buddy a cushy GM job where he doesn't have to do any of that pesky GM stuff. Chip is already the worst coach ever.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Kudos to Howie so far.

I question some of his re-signings thus far, but at least he has a plan and knows how to work the cap. He's not making excuses and blaming Chip, he took the bull by the horns and is implementing his plan.

I'll wait till to see what he can do in free agency and the draft before blowing him, but for now I think the guy deserves credit, especially after what he had to endure with Chip.

ice grillin you

theres no singular move I will kill him on but all hes done is thrown jefferys money at people who were already on the team none of which wanted to leave and none of which are great players...and hes done this under an exploding cap where pretty much every team in the nfl has room and will continue to have room for years to come....so its not like hes worked magic with the numbers

and actually the one guy who is really good has yet to be extended

id grade him incomplete thus far

i do agree that he has a plan and is religious about it...which is resigning his own guys...we will just have to wait and see if that was the right strategy

im cautiously optimistic

ice grillin you

birds have 35 million bucks in guaranteed salary for 2017 and beyond....the next closest team in the nfl is miami with 15 million

QB Eagles

Nothing we don't already know, but seeing Howie's key moves since returning to the throne all laid out like this in one article is impressive:

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/22898/how-the-eagles-were-built-into-contenders-at-warp-speed-or-88-mph-at-least

His master plan started in March 2016, which by no coincidence is when the last update to this thread was. Even all the Howie haters on CF (a group I've sometimes been a member of) have had nothing to bitch about for the last year and a half.

Sgt PSN

I don't know if Howie will ever assemble a SB winning roster. Time will tell. But after this franchise went through the wood Chipper, I honestly never thought that less than 2 years later I'd be watching an 8-1 team that looks to be as good as any team in the league. I know it doesn't take long to rebuild in the NFL but the franchise was not in good shape at all. Bad players, bad contracts, no 1st round pick...just an all around broken system. Howie gets major props for spearheading a relatively quick turnaround. 

ice grillin you

lets all stop jerking each other off...if they dont win a playoff game this year then he didnt do shtein and its back to the starting line with every other team in the nfl except maybe cleveland....next year their coaching staff is going to be ravaged they have no draft picks and in theory a much tougher schedule....shtein just on paper its probably atlanta carolina houston minnesota new orleans jacksonville tennessee and rams

shtein can they at least get thru the next four weeks relatively unscathed...they have had a nice stretch this year against garbage comp but they might not even be in the top three teams in their conference

all that said he does deserve massive credit for getting what seems like a franchise qb which hopefully keeps them in the playoff mix most years a bunch of things fall right so they can nab a sb

also contenders at warp speed is a silly notion in the nfl....this year alone its looking like 8 teams will make the playoffs who missed last year...next year eagles could be one of the teams out....then what?

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 14, 2017, 03:57:41 PM
lets all stop jerking each other off...if they dont win a playoff game this year then he didnt do shtein and its back to the starting line with every other team in the nfl except maybe cleveland....next year their coaching staff is going to be ravaged they have no draft picks and in theory a much tougher schedule....shtein just on paper its probably atlanta carolina houston minnesota new orleans jacksonville tennessee and rams

shtein can they at least get thru the next four weeks relatively unscathed...they have had a nice stretch this year against garbage comp but they might not even be in the top three teams in their conference

all that said he does deserve massive credit for getting what seems like a franchise qb which hopefully keeps them in the playoff mix most years a bunch of things fall right so they can nab a sb

also contenders at warp speed is a silly notion in the nfl....this year alone its looking like 8 teams will make the playoffs who missed last year...next year eagles could be one of the teams out....then what?

I agree it is too early to celebrate but his ability to get them out of that mess is impressive.

Which coaches do you expect to be ravaged?

Also - settle down with the schedule talk for who they play next year. No guarantee those teams will be worth a shtein either.

ice grillin you

Defillipo 100%
Reich 80%
Schwartz 65%

and of course there's no guarantee anyone is gonna be good next year including the eagles but it's a lock the eagles sked is much more difficult

MDS

frank reich is not going to be a head coach
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Is anyone really worried if Frank Reich leaves?  Obviously it's nice that the OC is a former QB, but I imagine that his impact on the offense is probably fairly minimal overall.

Pedersen, regardless of what you think of him, is the brains behind the offense and if he's running things anything like Andy did, then OC is probably the most interchangeable position on the coaching staff.

If anything, I'd rather see them encourage Reich to go elsewhere and promote DiFillipo. 

ice grillin you

Difillipo is getting a HC job so unless you fire Doug (which they should) he gone

hopefully at least Schwartzy stays...which is possible since offensive coaches are so en vogue

MDS

i went through it earlier but im not sure where schwartz's landing spot is this go round
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.