the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

That's a shame she nagged him to the point where he had no other choice than to hit her. She should be charged with manslaughter

Diomedes

QuoteThe impact was so violent that it dismembered his body.

It is unknown whether the train was a passenger train or a freight train because it kept going, police say.

If the conductor doesn't see the guy, how would he know he hit something?  I imagine they hit deer all the time and don't really notice it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

There's a reason those engines come with cow catchers.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

yeah even the 18-wheeler drivers don't know when they hit things sometimes. In a train? Unless they plowed something huge enough to shake the engine or see it I cannot imagine them knowing.

Hitting a person? Like a tomato with a baseball bat.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i understand he aint wrong but what are we supposed to do...never watch that show again because he got jobbed by his reps and signed a bad contract

he aint the first to get violated in hollywood and at least his was financial
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you aren't supposed to do anything...each person does themselves...I personally won't watch because I grew up with black rappers getting absolutely raped on the regular...not to mention Chappell is an incredible philanthropy driven humanist so the more money he gets the more he gives
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

But, but, but... he signed a contract!

Sound familiar?

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on November 24, 2020, 08:21:53 PM
i understand he aint wrong but what are we supposed to do...never watch that show again because he got jobbed by his reps and signed a bad contract

he aint the first to get violated in hollywood and at least his was financial

others got literally raped, so this man who got jobbed by criminals with lawyers have to shut up?

yes, you're supposed to not watch the old show he ain't get paid for...until he do get paid.  was you listening? 

it's a pretty simple request...or is you so desperate for yucks that you gotta refuse actual Chappelle?

Pretty brilliant piece of rhetoric and a master class in speech giving / performance, though a little thin on laughs of course but it's not a comedy routine, it's a political speech. Dude is a national treasure.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

oh i didnt know dave chappelle was my god

i have no interest in watching his 20 year old show again so it wont really affect me. i personally just dont get fired up about this. nor do i think his standup is amazingly funny.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I'm thankful today for my family and my friends including those of you who exist only in the deeply disturbed recesses of my declining psyche.

I'm also thankful that millions of us rose up and said, "no thanks" to another four years of Trump degeneracy.  I'll celebrate that fully in 55 days and 3 hours, however.

Happy Turkey Day, fellas.  May next year be a damn sight better than this one was.

Diomedes

I've had to practice being deliberately thankful for things lately, too.  Fact is, I'm a very lucky guy.  Can't really claim with a straight face that I did farg all to enjoy so many of the blessings I take for granted, either.  That doesn't usually stop me from being a petulant, self-pitying icehole, but you all know that.

Best wishes to you all.

MDS

Geowhizzer

Between facetimes and zooming and all that, we're probably communicating more with the family that we would if we had actually gotten together.

There's still a shteinload of food we've put together, considering there is only the four of us.  Turkey sandwiches for the next week!

And later, we'll do one of our Thanksgiving traditions and watch this:

Considering all, we've been blessed mightily.  Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

Munson

We took advantage of not being with our families to take our little one out into the hiking trails around here. He got to run around on those for a few and got close up with some horses on the farm near the trails. A good thanksgiving, all things considered
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds