AFC - CFFFL Discussion

Started by Diomedes, July 12, 2005, 09:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

I guess I'll have to make a list when I go home next week, I'll have some time then. What is the time limit between picks? Some days I can be there, some days I cannot.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on July 20, 2005, 12:11:21 PMWhat is the time limit between picks?

Read the first post of this thread for the answer.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

At the risk of being redundant, I want to talk about lists before the draft.  Please read the following carefully.

Here are the rules, as stated earlier:
Quote from: Diomedes on July 12, 2005, 09:38:11 AMThere will be a four hour deadline for making your pick, excluding the hours between midnight and six a.m. Eastern.  If you miss your deadline, then you get the next available player from your list.  You also permanently lose an hour off each remaining deadline (i.e. after the first offense, you drop to 3 hour deadlines for the rest of the draft, after the second, it's only two hours..etc.).  If you miss three deadlines, you forfeit draft privelages and your team will be completed by the Commissioner.  If you do not provide a list, I will draft Ron Dayne, Willie Ponder, Billy McMullen, or some other worthless player for you.  No joke.

And here is an appendix to the rules:
QuoteI accept two kinds of lists:  a master list, and round-specific lists.  Lists may be updated or voided, but Commissioner's word is final, so don't confuse him by submitting ten iterations of each list.
master list:  200 or so names ranked in order most desirable to least desirable.  the basic funtion of this list is insurance:  if you provide a master list and you miss the deadline in any given round, you are guaranteed to get someone who is much more valuable than whoever I would give you if you hadn't provided the list, because you'll be assigned the topmost available player from your master list.
round-specific list: supercedes (for that round ONLY) the master list, and (this is critical) delegates selection authority to the Commissioner as soon as your pick is up.  This kind of list is best provided as the draft is chugging along, and allows me to make your pick as soon as it's up to keep things moving.  Typically, round specific lists are short..provided the round before, or during the round, for which the list obtains.  When a round-specific list is provided but a master list is not, the round-specific list still applies only to the rounds specified (i.e. even if someone from your round 4 list is still available in round 5, but you have provided neither a master list nor a Round 5 list, then you get Ron Dayne.)  Multiple round-specific lists (e.g. Rounds 1-3) are not permitted--one round at a time, please.

Examples:
Owner A didn't provide a master list and missed his deadline for round 1.  Commissioner gives him Ron Dayne and he's docked an hour from his deadlines for the rest of the draft.
Owner B did provide a master list and missed his deadline for round 1.  Commissioner gives him whoever is the highest ranked (top of the list) player from the master list, and he's docked an hour from his dealines for the rest of the draft.
Owner C already has 2 QBs and misses his 4th round pick.  He has provided a master list, and the topmost available player is a QB.  Commissioner gives him the QB and docks him an hour for missing the deadline.
Owner D provided no master list, but used round-specific lists for each of the first three rounds instead.  When his pick rolls around in the fourth round, he is nowhere to be found.  One of the players from his round 3 list is still available, but since he did not provide a Round 4 list, or a master list, he gets Ron Dayne and is docked one hour.
Owner E provided a round-specific list for round 9, but happens to be on the board when his pick is up.  The Commissioner will make his pick from the list anyway and the draft moves on.

Any questions about this system?

How to contact me:  or via the email address in my .  I'll monitor both closely.

Finally: I'm the boss.  I promise not to act like it, but bitching and whining aren't cool and won't be countenanced.  I'll be as fair as I possibly can, but you fargers have to realize that this is just a game, and I've got better things to do that listen to your sob story about how you swear you sent a list.  If you end up with Ron Dayne, you deserved him.  Suck it up and move on.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on July 27, 2005, 08:20:10 PM

What if Ron Dayne is already taken? 

Diomedes

Quote from: SSgt PSN on July 27, 2005, 08:34:39 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on July 27, 2005, 08:20:10 PM

What if Ron Dayne is already taken?

:paranoid  I can't comment on anything related to an ongoing investigation.   :paranoid

satoshi

i understood. Great job, Dee. :yay

satoshi

Diomedes

Diomedes

The CFFFL AFC draft has begun.  link

I have lists from MDS (master), Sarge (round-specific), QB Eagles (master), and Satoshi (round-specific).

If you think you're not one fo those three jokers and you think you've sent a list, I don't have it.  Try again.  My contact info is all over this thread and the draft thread.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: Diomedes on August 01, 2005, 09:01:39 AM
The CFFFL AFC draft has begun.  link

I have lists from Sarge, QB Eagles, and Satoshi.

If you think you're not one fo those three jokers and you think you've sent a list, I don't have it.  Try again.  My contact info is all over this thread and the draft thread.

depending on how long we have to wait between picks, i may wind up sending a list.  I figured we'd be zipping through relatively quickly.

Phanatic

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

phillymic2000

Alright Dio, Freddy Mitchell looks like Hbionic's first round pick here soon :evil

Diomedes

He didn't send a list, so Freddie, Dayne, Tim Couch...it'll be someone he deserves, that's for sure.  He's got about 40 mins to show up and make a pick. 

Mad-Lad

Quote from: phillymic2000 on August 01, 2005, 12:07:01 PM
Alright Dio, Freddy Mitchell looks like Hbionic's first round pick here soon :evil

nah.  you should at least give him an Eagle.

Looks like Reno Mahe is off the board.

Phanatic

Yeah Freddie might actually catch a pass this year.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!