Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

And now his scotch has ended
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/kit-harington-checked-into-treatment-center-for-wife-rose-leslie/ar-AAC5Q90?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Also, I think the last season suffered from being too rushed. Because I am the 10 millionth person to post this original insight online, I am now to be given the title Master of the Obvious.

Munson

The Master of Takes

Feel bad for Kit, probably the pressure of his career defining role coming to an end.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

You can always tell when someone hits rock bottom.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

He's never going to finish that book.

SD

They scrapped 'The Long Night' which I believe deals with the rise of the Night King 👎 Also d&d bounced on their SW trilogy, so glad they rushed the GOT ending.

Munson

Eagaholic

QuoteAn animated Game of Thrones drama is in the early stages of development at HBO Max, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Meetings with writers for the adult-leaning project, which would be similar in tone to HBO's Emmy-winning flagship, are already under way. No deals have been made and there's still a possibility that the animated series never comes to fruition.
Well, I guess some kind of response to the half assed ending is better than none.

Munson

Forgot to post it but the news dropped a few days ago that Dunk and Egg tails are getting a look and that HBO might try to go full MCU/Disney+ with Star Wars with this and have a whole world of shows.

I am 100% on board...though a bit not so much with the cartoon idea. The histories and lore animations on the blu rays are cool but that's about it.

General_Failure

Oversaturate every IP! Make everything worthless with a Cinematic Universe.

SD

Not sure how I feel about this

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1537619164902281216 20&t=Y9X0-UA1HwQYrwzwNz3aaQ

Eagaholic

I hope it goes through and they can take the opportunity to make something up that in any way justifies the ending. I thought Harrington was the weakest among the actors on the show but still above average.

Munson

I'm excited for House of the Dragon. I have no idea what they'd do with a Jon Snow sequel but of course I'll watch. But legit what could they possibly do with him? lol. Maybe have Bran die and a delegation from
The south comes up to try and convince him to take the throne? Who knows.

Also, I thought Harrington was great tbh. He mostly perfectly captured what an older-than-the-books Jon Snow would have been like imo

General_Failure

It literally can't be worse than what already happened.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Munson on June 18, 2022, 09:16:33 PM
I'm excited for House of the Dragon. I have no idea what they'd do with a Jon Snow sequel but of course I'll watch. But legit what could they possibly do with him?

Also, I thought Harrington was great tbh. He mostly perfectly captured what an older-than-the-books Jon Snow would have been like imo
Over the first few seasons I wasn't sure if Kit was a so-so actor or just playing a character with so little range. He def improved over the series.

I was thinking Jon has a lot of potential enemies. He took the  Dothraki's queen. But they learned they can cross salt water and fight in the snow so maybe they have a score to settle with Jon. Of course they'd slaughter the wildlings so Sansa and the north would have to join in. And Gray Worm might want the unsullied to have piece of the action too, joining their Dothraki bros. Which means Bran would have to send reinforcements up from the South. A lot of ways it could go including another war of the 5 kings/queens (come to think of it Yara might want to join in with her rebuilt navy. Maybe she meets Arya ("say one more thing about my brother and I'll slit your throat") along the way.

To your point GF, true that it can't get any worse (I hope) than that penultimate scene, meeting up to decide the next king. It's too bad that soured everything else.There was really good work just a couple of scenes earlier when Tyrion was convincing Jon to kill Dany. It might have been the best writing for Tyrion's character in the entire series (and he nailed it), and arguably Kit's best acting. Maybe there is something that can be salvaged.