Rest Of Baseball - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 13, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

was jeter even more deserving than larry walker?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Put all the roid lovers in.  Couldn't care less.   

phattymatty

for real. the barry bonds - mark mcguire year was the most exciting year of baseball in my lifetime.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 22, 2020, 08:47:02 AM
who voted for anyone below bonds

Strictly on numbers, Ramirez and Kent both are HOF calibre.  Of course, that's not factoring in PEDs.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: phattymatty on January 22, 2020, 11:51:24 AM
for real. the barry bonds - mark mcguire year was the most exciting year of baseball in my lifetime.

Bonds was the best player I've ever seen... except perhaps Griffey Jr.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 22, 2020, 11:59:42 AM

Strictly on numbers, Ramirez and Kent both are HOF calibre.  Of course, that's not factoring in PEDs.

but steroids matter...i personally wouldnt vote for bonds...but bonds and clemens were so off the charts good that i can see others dismissing the steroids for them....whereas a kent or ramirez werent good enough to excuse the roids

Rome

Bonds was a first ballot HOF'er before he took his first shot in the ass.   I get why he did it, though. 

Better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 22, 2020, 12:25:56 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 22, 2020, 11:59:42 AM

but steroids matter...i personally wouldnt vote for bonds...but bonds and clemens were so off the charts good that i can see others dismissing the steroids for them....whereas a kent or ramirez werent good enough to excuse the roids

I agree.

MDS

its tough to punish roid users for using roids when you...could...use...roids. it wasnt against the rules because there were no rules.

what you can say is that dudes like mcgwire and sosa dont put up their hr numbers without them. palmeiro got caught. but to me bonds and clemens are in a different category. they are so good with or without the roids it doesnt matter. im not their parent, im not going to punish them for doing it. bonds' numbers post balco when he couldnt even move were video game numbers. its categorically insane how good he was.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 22, 2020, 06:24:27 PM
its tough to punish roid users for using roids when you...could...use...roids. it wasnt against the rules because there were no rules.

this would only matter if the league tried to suspend them when they were playing

whats happening now isnt an MLB punishment...the HOF voters are punishing them

still everyone knew it was wrong at the time including the people doing it...otherwise they would have done it out in the open...admitted doing it at the time...instead 99% of them cant even admit now that they did it

MDS

j's squad rolling them dusty's dugout dice

good luck brotha
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Indiana puzzles me a bit.  Thought they'd be majority Cubs fans, with a smattering of Reds fans nearer the Ohio border.

Guess not.

Also shows what an afterthought Bryce and the Boys are.