Week 12 - Seahawks: 42-0 Redux

Started by MDS, November 22, 2020, 06:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 01, 2020, 10:02:43 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 01, 2020, 12:09:30 AM
Surely this can't be for real

https://twitter.com/mikedugar/status/1333638162447429632 21

Reality: Schwartz says something to the effect "I was in Detroit with megatron, you're on your way to that level"
What egomaniac DK hears: You aren't Calvin Johnson already

Love that mentality from an athlete

https://www.vulture.com/article/michael-jordan-grudges-last-dance.html

1993: LaBradford Smith (Episode VIII)

Provocation: LaBradford Smith, a rookie for the Washington Bullets, scored 37 points against the Bulls (Chicago still won). The story goes that he put his arm around Jordan after the game and said, "Nice game, Mike." The teams played again the next night.

Jordan response: "In the first half, I'm gonna have what this kid had in the game."

Result: Jordan scored 36 in the first half of the next game against the Bullets. Later, it turns out Smith never said "Nice game, Mike." Jordan made it all up.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on December 01, 2020, 08:16:22 AM
I didn't watch.  Anyone, I put some questions all in one place for you:

Singleton looked good again?  What about Edwards and Taylor?  Judging by the box score it doesn't look like the Seahawks managed to run very well.

How did Mailata do?  I read that Wentz took six sacks...how many would you put on the line, and how many on Wentz?

Maddox needs to be in the slot.

Can anyone defend Metcalf?  Comparisons to Megatron are fair.

What did Reagor do/not do to disappoint?  I read that Fulgham was on the field only half the offensive plays...so Jeffery could steal time from him?

Did the Seahawks shut down the run game?  Why so few rushes?  Only 9.

Yes Singleton looks good. Edwards too (on run downs). Taylor had one good STs play and that was it. I don't recall him on D that much.

The run defense played well. Barnett in particular.

Mailata and the OL looked like shtein. They had a few glimpses on decency but overall it was rough. When SEA didn't send extra rushers they held up. But as soon as they complicated the blocking schemes by sending extras that is where it got ugly.

Jalen Ramsey is the only guy who can check Metcalf consistently. Have to be physical with him off his release which Ramsey does.

Reagor did nothing. He looks lost. No separation.

Seattle did stop the run but Doug abandoned it.

Rome

Dio wants players who take obvious compliments as insults and lose their shtein over them. 

They're called "women" and none play in the NFL. 

Yet.

General_Failure

Being offended by everything worked out pretty well for Michael Jordan.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on December 01, 2020, 11:39:51 AM
Dio wants players who take obvious compliments as insults and lose their shtein over them. 

They're called "women" and none play in the NFL. 

Yet.

Uh, SD....can you please change your name back now?  This is too confusing.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i dont really buy into the oh you got me mad now so im gonna play good tonight thing...it reminds me of the time i was at a flyers game and the fat drunk behind me yelled "skate you bums" and the flyers started playing great

ps- thats never actually happened

but trying to rip dk metcalf by calling him a woman is one of the dumbest things ive ever read

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

We should support Rome and his love of Amazons.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

At what point was kidding around disallowed here?  Jesus guys... lighten up.