Discuss.

This is for Dio!

ice grillin you

took him way too high....i thought he was a middle round pick
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2014/05/08/ex-louisville-marcus-smith-nfl-draft/8856423/

QuoteSmith said he flew to New Orleans, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Washington, D.C., and Philadelphia for individual workouts for their teams. Washington and Tennessee have two of the first 10 picks in the second round, The other teams have picks in the 50s and late in the first round

Smith mentioned the outside chance that he could go late in the first round,

General_Failure

Yes, now the Eagles have their own stupid facemask player!

Aww, no. Just a misleading youtube thumbnail.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Would rather have traded the pick to the Dolphins for Dion Jordan.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

Definitely faked me out with the "Mar" to start the name.  Figured it was Lee for a split second.

ice grillin you

more i think about it the more this shouldn't surprise.....its a classic chip kelly pick all the way....where he picks a player for his length and versatility rather than his talent....ultimately maybe that way of thinking works....i prefer talent myself

Don Ho

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 08, 2014, 11:27:06 PM
Definitely faked me out with the "Mar" to start the name.  Figured it was Lee for a split second.

:-D same here.  I went from being quite happy to quite disappointed when I heard "cus" and not "qise".  I thought the commish farged up and meant to say Marqise Lee.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

It's not like this guy wasn't productive in college though.

I've been saying give me production. He's an edge rusher who can get to the QB

ice grillin you

hes not a great edge rusher at all....if youw anted that top end edge rushing potential then chewy was the pick

clearly the eagles preferred an all around 3-4 olb....snith will drop or rush...but he not great at either...hes smaller but hes basically like connor barwin...and theres nothing wrong with eventually turning into a super versatile guy like that but it wasn't necessary to pick him where they did

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-draft-olbde-marcus-smith-26th-overall

QuoteSmith (see bio) was widely projected as an early second-round pick. He's the first linebacker the Eagles have drafted in the first round since Jerry Robinson out of UCLA in 1979.

As a senior, Smith had 14½ sacks, second-most in NCAA Division 1, and 18½ tackles for loss. He was a third-team All-America and the AAC Defensive Player of the Year. He's the first Louisville player since the Ravens' Elvis Dumervil to earn All-American honors

Eagles_Legendz

McShay had him graded as the 80th best overall prospect.