"Dimebag" Darryl killed on stage

Started by Syracuse, December 09, 2004, 08:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syracuse

A gunman walked on stage at a Damageplan show in Columbus and killed the guitarist.
He shot him five or six times at point blank range.
For those that don't know, he was the guitarist for Pantera and recently formed Damageplan with his brother, Vinny Paul.
Full story at damageplan.com
That's just as farged up as farged up can get.
I am an agent of chaos

PhillyGirl

Its all over the news, CNN.com, Yahoo.com....even CF.com.....in the Dead People thread.  ;)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

:boom :boom

cant even find the words right now about how much this pisses me off.

mussa

Totally shocked and pissed!
I heard it on howard stern this morning, I heard rumored his brother was shot too.
Supposedly it was some crazed fan from Pantera days...wtf!
:'(
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MadMarchHare

Guarantee you the bible thumpers will be out "When you sing songs about the devil, this sort of thing is going to happen!"
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

They're already doing it on the Dead People thread, if not in so many words.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I didn't know Sus was a Bible thumper.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Metaphorically speaking.  But point taken.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

Dimebag was one of the great guitarists of all time.  He influenced so many metal bands its scary to imagine what the scene would be like today without him.    Pantera was one of the first bands to get me into metal long ago and their music had a great effect on my life while growing up.   I cant count how many hours I spent with friends watching the "Watch It Go" home video and laughing my ass off.  I know i've shared a lot of moments with DMF and Mussa having some brews and watching/listening to it.  Outside the metal world he wasnt really known, which is a shame.    For those who don't know, his brother (Vinnie Paul) was the drummer of Damageplan.   Dimebag was murdered right in front of him.   Too many great musicians are murdered or kill themselves.   Im def going out and having a few brews for Dime tonight.

"You want a fvcking shot?  Here it comes!"

"Bottle of Jager, Bottle of Cuervo... watch it go!"

mussa

Im with ya buddy :yay Except Im gonna do a shot of jager and a shot of cuervo, not a bottle of each. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MadMarchHare on December 09, 2004, 10:05:39 AM
Guarantee you the bible thumpers will be out "When you sing songs about the devil, this sort of thing is going to happen!"

Thump... Thump... Thump...

Isn't that about as "close-minded" as you like to portray "religious" people as being?

As for the guy, it's a shame to see anyone (short of Hitler or Osama) die so young.  I have no idea what Pantera or Damageplan play, and from what I gather here it wouldn't be the kind of music I would enjoy or want my son to listen to.  Doesn't mean that I want him dead. 

Now, the guy that shot these innocent people, I have to admit I have little sympathy for him. 

Susquehanna Birder

I also think that Dio was taking my indifference as some kind of pleasure in the victims' passing.

General_Failure

I think he was more or less mad that you assumed someone named Dimebag wasn't a great guy. That's my guess, anyway. Seems like everyone's a little jumpier than they used to be.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: General_Failure on December 09, 2004, 07:14:27 PMSeems like everyone's a little jumpier than they used to be.

I said to the wife this evening: The whole world is in a pissy mood today.