Phillies-Mets Sept 22

Started by phillycrew, August 19, 2013, 03:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillycrew

My son and I are heading up to Philly for his first Phillies game.  I figure we will go to the Franklin Institute in the morning, see the game and take the train back south.  Anyone looking to sell two tickets or want to get together to catch a game?  It will actually be my first game at the Citizens Bank Park.  I know it won't compare to my memories of the Vet but should still be fun.

Sgt PSN

It'll actually be 1000000000x better than the Vet unless you have a thing for being 3 miles from the field and sitting in a sweat box.  Tix should be cheap and easy to find at this point since they suck something awful. 

smeags

don't worry, you'll still feel like it's the phils vs mets at the vet when you see the scoreboard after the game.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

You should be able to get great seats on StubHub because of this "professional" teams superb play lately.

phillycrew

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 19, 2013, 08:09:49 PM
You should be able to get great seats on StubHub because of this "professional" teams superb play lately.

Sarcasm about the vet.  I'm thinking of just scalping because I'm sure they will be even less popular once the Eagles start playing.

Sgt PSN

Pretty much.  Or check stubhub the day of.  You can probably get dugout seats for $20 each and outfield seats for a buck.  I remember Sixers tickets going for less than a dollar this season.  Gotta imagine the Phils will sell for similar amounts that late in the season. 

Also, since you've never been to CBP, I'd recommend staying in your seat for maybe 3 innings and then spend the rest of the game walking the stadium and checking out different vantage points.  Not like you'll be missing much anyway. 

Rome

That's Fan Appreciation Day.   Might want to pick another date if you're looking for cheap seats although StubHub has 'em cheap right now.

phillycrew

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 19, 2013, 10:11:08 PM
Pretty much.  Or check stubhub the day of.  You can probably get dugout seats for $20 each and outfield seats for a buck.  I remember Sixers tickets going for less than a dollar this season.  Gotta imagine the Phils will sell for similar amounts that late in the season. 

Also, since you've never been to CBP, I'd recommend staying in your seat for maybe 3 innings and then spend the rest of the game walking the stadium and checking out different vantage points.  Not like you'll be missing much anyway.

Thanks.  And I didn't know it was fan appreciation day.  I assume there will be all kinds of stuff for a 7 year old's birthday.  I wish there was a Flyer's game that weekend but it doesn't look like there is.

ice grillin you

dont ever do stubhub for zesty teams.....just scalp in the lot....its always cheaper
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Since it's your kid's birthday, you might want to swing by guest services (or whatever they call it now) before the game.  And with it being your kid's 1st time there (they don't care about you), they'll take a photo of you and your kid with the field behind you and they'll give your kid a certificate for going to their first game.  Yeah, it's corny as hell but kids dig it.  I know mine did.  There were no special giveaways when I took mine for the first time, so guest services gave them some free swag.....like a Phillies key lanyard and something else.  I dunno, can't remember.  I just know they gave them some free shtein.

smeags

get there early. take in the park before the game, check out ashburn alley, grab some grub.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

phillycrew

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 20, 2013, 10:56:11 AM
Since it's your kid's birthday, you might want to swing by guest services (or whatever they call it now) before the game.  And with it being your kid's 1st time there (they don't care about you), they'll take a photo of you and your kid with the field behind you and they'll give your kid a certificate for going to their first game.  Yeah, it's corny as hell but kids dig it.  I know mine did.  There were no special giveaways when I took mine for the first time, so guest services gave them some free swag.....like a Phillies key lanyard and something else.  I dunno, can't remember.  I just know they gave them some free shtein.

Yeah, he would eat that up.  Might unfortunately make him a Phillies fan for the rest of his life.  Sins of the father kind of thing.  I will take IGY's advice and get the tickets in the lot.

ice grillin you

stubhub is really only for tough to get tickets

or if you absolutely must have tickets in hand before you go to the stadium for peace of mind or because you despise the scalping game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillycrew

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 20, 2013, 12:01:20 PM
stubhub is really only for tough to get tickets

or if you absolutely must have tickets in hand before you go to the stadium for peace of mind or because you despise the scalping game
Plus, if there is bad weather, I can adjust fire and not be locked in with tickets.  I'm hoping to get a nice stroll around Penn.  Bring back the memories.