The coming financial crisis

Started by Butchers Bill, August 09, 2007, 05:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

lol my sister will be proud I started it on her birthday

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

id like to believe that the one good thing that could come from corona is that people wake up and realize we have more than enough money to pay for things that people always tell us we cant afford but i dont believe in anything anymore
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Cheeto Dick is doing his magic on the markets again. The Dow futures have hit limit down already. Implied open of -964 tomorrow.

They need to pass this stimulus bill tonight or the bloodbath continues.

Munson

The GOP version of the bill is ugly and bad. At least they got rid of the phase ins.

Good news is, Dems have a lot of leverage here. Hopefully they use it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

I wouldn't give the airlines a cent. I'd pay the regular employees and tell the CEO's to eat shtein. They're not going to go out of business because some other rich jerkoff will buy them. They won't jack prices up because people are afraid to travel. You live by Capitalism you can die by Capitalism.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep.

They all poured money into stock buybacks. farg them. They can borrow money and use their assets as leverage.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 22, 2020, 07:36:15 PM
Yep.

They all poured money into stock buybacks. farg them. They can borrow money and use their assets as leverage.

Supposedly the bill they're proposing restricts stock buy backs. My issue with that is rich folk know how to play the game and exploit loopholes.

Munson

The problem was the bill basically gave the Treasury Secretary to waive any of those rules meant to reign in corporations as he sees fit.

I don't trust these people for a second to give them that power.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Lindsay Graham's lousy ass is holding up the stimulus because he believes unemployed payments are too high.

Market was soaring yesterday and today and then when that little weasel farg stepped in the slid back. And no shock that a GOP boot licker wants to hurt the regular person while sucking off corporations.

Rome

I hope he dies screaming in agony.

PhillyPhreak54

Yesterday was nice in the market. I last checked today was +900...and ended -26

Wild swings.